Bhagat Dhroo Jee's Determination

Guru Granth Sahib Jee says '

Ram Japo Jee Aise Aise

Dhroo Prahlad Japio Har Jaise'

Repeat God's Name in this way, in this way :

Just as Dhroo and Prahlad did.

Bhagat Dhroo Jee was the son of a king, when he was 5 he was playing on his fathers laps when one of the king's many wives shouted at him to get off. She wanted her own son to inherit the throne and so was trying to stop the king getting too attached to bhagat Dhroo jee. No-one defended Bhagat Dhroo jee, he was really really upset and ran to his mother's room. He said to her 'I am a prince but they shout at me like a servant boy. Why don't they respect your son Mata jee...I thought you were a queen not a slave?' She replied 'because of my destiny i am a queen, but because i never meditated on God's name I have no more respect than a slave.' Bhagat Dhroo jee was furious that they didn't respect his mother. He told his father the King, 'I am leaving this kingdom to go and meditate on God's Name, one day when I have enough spiritual power I will reclaim the throne.' His father insisted he stayed, but the other queen was quite happy to let him go. He was determined and left into the wilderness. Traveling to the jungle were all holy people went to meditate he was met by a Saint (the son of Brahma I think), the Saint spoke to the little boy and was surprised to hear a child saying he was going to the jungle to meditate. So he tested the boy to see if he was serious. He said to Bhagat Dhroo Jee, 'you know it's dark and dangerous in the jungle, wont you get scared of the wild animals?' Bhagat Dhroo Jee replied, 'I dont care if its dark and dangerous, I'm going to meditate on God's Name.' The Saint tested him again, 'But you're the son of a king and used to being fed the finest food, will be able to live on berries and roots in the jungle?' Bhagat Dhroo Jee was determined and replied, 'I'm going to meditate on god's name even if there's no food.'

The saint was truly impressed by Bhagat Dhroo Jee's determination and whispered the secret name of God into Bhagat Dhroo Jee's ear. He had met his true guru and for the next few years he meditated long and hard. When he was a teenager he felt he had enough spiritual power to overtake the king and claim the kingdom. He had been meditating on God's name with this sole target for all these years and now his ego had got the better of him. On his way to the palace, his True Guru met him again and laughingly said were are you going, bhagat Dhroo jee replied 'I'm going to fight the kings army and reclaim the throne.' His True Guru laughed and said how are you going to beat an army?. Bhagat Dhroo jee replied, 'I have meditated on God's name for years and years and the spiritual power I have is immense.' His True Guru handed him his staff and said 'Before you break the Kings Army, just break my measly staff.' Bhagat Dhroo Jee tried with all his might but failed miserably to even break a 3 foot stick! He fell at his True Guru's feet and begged for forgiveness, his ego had broken. He returned to the jungle were he continued to meditate. After many years his True Guru came again and said to him aren't you going to the Kingdom to fight the King's Army and reclaim your throne? Bhagat Dhroo Jee's spiritual state had gone beyond worldly pleasures and he replied with humility and love, 'SatGuru jee, I am low and humble servant of God, what do I want with worldy pleasure and kingdoms? The bliss I am experiencing at the feet of God is all I need.'

It is said that Bhagat Dhroo Jee's spiritual efforts pleased Waheguru jee so much that a whole dimension of creation was given to Bhagat Dhroo Jee. Forget about a mere few hundred acres of a kingdom!

Bhagat Dhroo Jee had determination! He was determined to meditate on God's name whether the wild animals killed him or if he starved to death. Once his ego broke he reached the highest state of humility and love and now the whole world honours him.