Was Hukamnama Taken From Aad Granth Sahib Jee ?

Sri Adi Granth was taken to Sri Harmandir Sahib. Baba Budha Ji carried Sri Adi Granth Ji on his head, while Sri Guru Arjan Dev Ji Maharaaj is doing Chor Sahib Seva behind Baba Ji.

Sri Adi Granth was installed in Sri Harmandir Sahib on 16th October 1604. Baba Budha Ji in the presence of Sri Guru Arjan Dev Ji Maharaaj read the first Hukamnama below. The first Hukamnama now in S G G S J Ang 783-784.

soohee mehalaa 5 ||

Soohee, Fifth Mehla:

sa(n)thaa kae kaaraj aap khaloeiaa har ka(n)m karaavan aaeiaa raam ||

The Lord Himself has stood up to resolve the affairs of the Saints; He has come to complete their tasks.

dhharath suhaavee thaal suhaavaa vich a(n)mrith jal shhaaeiaa raam ||

The land is beautiful, and the pool is beautiful; within it is contained the Ambrosial Water.

a(n)mrith jal shhaaeiaa pooran saaj karaaeiaa sagal manorathh poorae ||

The Ambrosial Water is filling it, and my job is perfectly complete; all my desires are fulfilled.

jai jai kaar bhaeiaa jag a(n)thar laathhae sagal visoorae ||

Congratulations are pouring in from all over the world; all my sorrows are eliminated.

pooran purakh achuth abinaasee jas vaedh puraanee gaaeiaa ||

The Vedas and the Puraanas sing the Praises of the Perfect, Unchanging, Imperishable Primal Lord.

apanaa biradh rakhiaa paramaesar naanak naam dhhiaaeiaa ||1||

The Transcendent Lord has kept His promise, and confirmed His nature; Nanak meditates on the Naam, the Name of the Lord. ||1||

nav nidhh sidhh ridhh dheenae karathae thott n aavai kaaee raam ||

The Creator has given me the nine treasures, wealth and spiritual powers, and I do not lack anything.

khaath kharachath bilashhath sukh paaeiaa karathae kee dhaath savaaee raam ||

Eating, spending and enjoying, I have found peace; the gifts of the Creator Lord continually increase.

dhaath savaaee nikhutt n jaaee a(n)tharajaamee paaeiaa ||

His gifts increase and shall never be exhausted; I have found the Inner-knower, the Searcher of hearts.

kott bighan sagalae out(h) naat(h)ae dhookh n naerrai aaeiaa ||

Millions of obstacles have all been removed, and pain does not even approach me.

saa(n)th sehaj aana(n)dh ghanaerae binasee bhookh sabaaee ||

Tranquility, peace, poise and bliss in abundance prevail, and all my hunger is satisfied.

naanak gun gaavehi suaamee kae acharaj jis vaddiaaee raam ||2||

Nanak sings the Glorious Praises of his Lord and Master, whose Glorious Greatness is wonderful and amazing. ||2||

jis kaa kaaraj thin hee keeaa maanas kiaa vaechaaraa raam ||

It was His job, and He has done it; what can the mere mortal being do?

bhagath sohan har kae gun gaavehi sadhaa karehi jaikaaraa raam ||

The devotees are adorned, singing the Glorious Praises of the Lord; they proclaim His eternal victory.

gun gaae gobi(n)dh anadh oupajae saadhhasa(n)gath sa(n)g banee ||

Singing the Glorious Praises of the Lord of the Universe, bliss wells up, and we are friends with the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy.

jin oudham keeaa thaal kaeraa this kee oupamaa kiaa ganee ||

He who made the effort to construct this sacred pool - how can his praises be recounted?

at(h)asat(h) theerathh pu(n)n kiriaa mehaa niramal chaaraa ||

The merits of the sixty-eight sacred shrines of pilgrimage, charity, good deeds and immaculate lifestyle, are found in this sacred pool.

pathith paavan biradh suaamee naanak sabadh adhhaaraa ||3||

It is the natural way of the Lord and Master to purify sinners; Nanak takes the Support of the Word of the Shabad. ||3||

gun nidhhaan maeraa prabh karathaa ousathath koun kareejai raam ||

The treasure of virtue is my God, the Creator Lord; what Praises of Yours should I sing, O Lord?

sa(n)thaa kee baena(n)thee suaamee naam mehaa ras dheejai raam ||

The prayer of the Saints is, ""O Lord and Master, please bless us with the supreme, sublime essence of Your Name.""

naam dheejai dhaan keejai bisar naahee eik khino ||

Please, grant us Your Name, grant us this blessing, and do not forget us, even for an instant.

gun gopaal ouchar rasanaa sadhaa gaaeeai anadhino ||

Chant the Glorious Praises of the World-Lord, O my tongue; sing them forever, night and day.

jis preeth laagee naam saethee man than a(n)mrith bheejai ||

One who enshrines love for the Naam, the Name of the Lord, his mind and body are drenched with Ambrosial Nectar.

binava(n)th naanak eishh pu(n)nee paekh dharasan jeejai ||4||7||10||

Prays Nanak, my desires have been fulfilled; gazing upon the Blessed Vision of the Lord, I live. ||4||7||10||