Tribute To Guru Nanak Dev Ji In Persia

cool water

Thanks for the link.

Shame on nindaks (slanderers) like McLeod who doubted that Guru Nanak Dev Ji visited Baghdad.

Shame on the Americans as well who partially destroyed this shrine to the great master as well as destroying element's of humanity's past.

Note: Baghdad is in Iraq, not Persia. Iranians (Persians) speak Persian (Farsi). Iraqis are Arabs who speak Arabic.

Thanks for the link.

Shame on nindaks (slanderers) like McLeod who doubted that Guru Nanak Dev Ji visited Baghdad.

Shame on the Americans as well who partially destroyed this shrine to the great master as well as destroying element's of humanity's past.

Note: Baghdad is in Iraq, not Persia. Iranians (Persians) speak Persian (Farsi). Iraqis are Arabs who speak Arabic.

McLeod denied the authencity of the sakhi's because he believed there was no solid proof of the stories, which had brought him controversy. However his study and focus on Sikhism helped preserve some important texts (which he copied and that were lost forever) when the vile indian army stormed darbar sahib looting and burning the treasures and heritage of Sikhs in operation blue star 1984. So he shouldnt be seen as a slanderer vilian but as misunderstanding author historian.

As for comment on persia, if you look back in history there was no iraq up until the 20th century, it was all called Persia and baghdad was in Persia. Our Guru sahib's communicated in persian (farsi) with the muslims of that region.

OK, thanks for the clarification on Persia. That was sure to trip a lot of people up.

So this was historical Persia. (I was sort of unclear on that.)

I just read that (after being rule by other rulers), Baghdad was under Iranian control in 1511 when Guru Nanak Dev ji visited. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baghdad#The_end_of_the_Abbasids_in_Baghdad

When you say Guru ji used Persian to communicate with the people of Baghdad, is that based on the Janam Sakhis? Or on the one Persian shabad from Gurbani? I ask this just in case I were to rely on your statement. Since, in the Indian experience, Persian was the rulers' language, but the people still spoke Desi tongues.