Mistakes Whilst Reciting Parth

SikhSeeker

WJKK WJKF

Might be a silly question but when doing your Parth, and you make a mistake, do you read the line over again, or just go over the word? Usually if i make a mistake I start the sentence again, but because I have OCD, I tend to repeat the same line again and again thinking I havent done it right.

Any thoughts?

WJKK WJKF

Might be a silly question but when doing your Parth, and you make a mistake, do you read the line over again, or just go over the word? Usually if i make a mistake I start the sentence again, but because I have OCD, I tend to repeat the same line again and again thinking I havent done it right.

Any thoughts?

I do the same thing lol :umm:

although I haven't been diagnosed with OCD..

its soo annoying! sometimes its ok but sometimes its really bad, when i keep repeating a line over and over again! Cant just carry on because your head just keeps saying its wrong!

Thats why i asked on here if we can repeat the word if we make a mistake in Bani rather than the whole line, least i can get that through to me head! lol

Guest shastr

i do the exact same thing. it took me almost 40 minutes to read 1 jap ji sahib the other night. just couldnt get the words out right.

but thats the whole point of reading bani, to read it correctly. im sure we've all heard the sakhi of a singh at damdama sahib during guru gobind singh ji maharaj's time. and he was doing panj granthi da paath, he was at dakhani onkar's line "karte ki mit karta janai, kai janai gur soora". the singh read the line as "ke janai gur soora" instead of "kai" maharaj guru gobind singh ji was sitting in devaan, and maharaj sent bhai daya singh ji, and told them to go and slap that singh who was doing the panj granth paath. so bhai daya singh ji goes, and doh tappar rakh dite kich ke. the singh finished the paath, and came into maharaj's devaan. he asked maharaj, "maharaj i thought a sikh would get kirpa for doing panj granthi da paath, but one of the singhs slaped me while i was doing paath". and maharaj asked well wat if u broke one of my fingers, one of u broke one of my angs? and the singh shocked, asked how could he ever do such a thing. and maharaj told him to read that same line again. the singh read the line in front of maharaj, but again, read it wrong. and maharaj said, see u broke one of my angs again. instead of "kai", the singh was saying "ke". and that changed the whole meaning of the shabad.

maharaj then told sangat that they themselves did this kautak, to teach the sangat, how important it is to read bani shudh.

there is video santheya of 7 bani's done by giani thakur singh ji, and they share this exact sakhi above. here is the link:

http://www.gurbaniupdesh.com/videos/videolisting.php?q=/videos/01-Katha/13-Giani Thakur Singh Ji (Patiale Wale)

the files are called "shud santheya"