Confused About The Panj Bania

sunnyji

Sat Sri Akal,

I apologize if this has been asked before but I did a search and couldn't find it anywhere.

I have always been told that the Panj bania refer to the morning banis:

Jap Ji Sahib, Jaap Sahib, Tav Prasad Sawaiye, Chaupai Sahib and Anand Sahib

And in the evening Rehras sahib and Kirtan sohila are also performed.

However, I was looking at the Rehat maryada and noticed that it only mentions Jap Ji Sahib, Jaap Sahib, Tav Prasad Sawaiye, Rehras Sahib and Kirtan Sohila...completely missing out Chaupai and Anand Sahib from the list. :wacko:

Could anyone explain to me why this is?

Sunny Singh :rolleyes:

WJKK WJKF

youve been looking at the sgpc maryada ji :) just ignore it... they think 5 bania mean 5 in the whole day/evenin/night. most sikhs do 7 bania minimum nitnem if we want do play by their misinterpretation... must do chaupai and anand sahib (sampooran) and then rehras sahib, and kirtan sohila. that is complete nitnem accepted by ALL panthic jathebandiya/ sampardava/ sants mahapurkhs etc

O A RecepriveIntegratedLifelongRelentlessPenpal~~~~~ Truth Writer Khalsa FriendOfEvenFoes Living Treasure Steadfast & Self Realized Through Gurbani’s Grace, dear Jpu SUNNY !!!!

“Panj bania refer to the morning banis:” ----False

They Refer to Following Panj Banies of Life

Bani of Simran Through every Breath

1. Jpu It is True Name of every Sikh which we all are supposed to do Simmaran of, through our every breath. It is in Two Parts :-

(a) Mool Mantar defines Khalsa as Under:-

A (read ‘Angkaar Truth i.e. ‘Khalsa’ with attributes written in text ahead across 1430 pages’) RecepriveIntegratedLifelongRelentlessPenpal~~~~~ Truth Writer Khalsa Singh FriendOfEvenFoes Living Treasure Steadfast & Self Realised through the grace of Gurbani Focused on Realizing his Realized Name ( i.e. So Purkhu i.e. Almighty in True Human form called Khalsa) who lives in ‘So Ghar’ (Sach khand(True Mind)) with its main gate called So Dar. Followed by relishing the bliss (Anand) of the association with Khalsa and further onto salvation (Sohila) i.e blending with Nirangkaar Truth (Read ‘Almighty without any Attributes’) never ever to be born again.

(b) Path of Panth Khalsa . It is the Process of Realizing ‘Realized Name’ in 38 Steps. It is Daily formal routine of all Sikhs who stand ordained to live life as per One order Called Jpu made up of 38 Steps which leads us

to So Dar .

Evening Bani ‘Rahirass

1. So Dar ( True Gate of True Home(read Mind) )

2. So Purkhu (Realised Name of Every Sikh)

3. Anand Sahib

Bani before going to Bed (Death as well)

4. Kirtan Sohila

Gurkha Ftyh! Your Own Ikk Mutia~~~~~

Sat Sri Akal,

I apologize if this has been asked before but I did a search and couldn't find it anywhere.

I have always been told that the Panj bania refer to the morning banis:

Jap Ji Sahib, Jaap Sahib, Tav Prasad Sawaiye, Chaupai Sahib and Anand Sahib

And in the evening Rehras sahib and Kirtan sohila are also performed.

However, I was looking at the Rehat maryada and noticed that it only mentions Jap Ji Sahib, Jaap Sahib, Tav Prasad Sawaiye, Rehras Sahib and Kirtan Sohila...completely missing out Chaupai and Anand Sahib from the list. :wacko:

Could anyone explain to me why this is?

Sunny Singh :rolleyes:

WJKK WJKF

youve been looking at the sgpc maryada ji :) just ignore it... they think 5 bania mean 5 in the whole day/evenin/night. most sikhs do 7 bania minimum nitnem if we want do play by their misinterpretation... must do chaupai and anand sahib (sampooran) and then rehras sahib, and kirtan sohila. that is complete nitnem accepted by ALL panthic jathebandiya/ sampardava/ sants mahapurkhs etc

Thankyou sukhjeevansingh Ji...I have not yet taken Amrit, I am 15 years old, and I am trying to get into the lifestyle of an Amritdhari, at the moment in the mornings I do Japji Sahib and in the evenings I perform Rehras Sahib. I am slowly building up my Nitnem, and eventually I will be doing the 7 bania like you say :)

Then I hope I will be ready to take Amrit :)

Once again, thank you for your reply, you have helped me to clear things up...Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh...

MOOL MANTAR

Ikk O Angkar~~~~ Stinami Creative Khalsa Kaur/Singh FriendOfEvenFoes Living Treasure Steadfast SelfRealized ThroughGurbani’sGrace (dear SUKHJEEVAN .!!.....

JPU

…….StayFocusedOnNothingButPublicDisplayOf your virtues as under:-

1. Demonstratively Obedient Student of Stigurbani

2. Humble Slave of Your Panj Piaras.

3. Power behind achievements of your Panj Piaras.

4. Early Riser, Joint Planner of the time ahead in company of your panj Piaras.

5. Publisher & Executor of the Joint plan(http://sites.google.com/site/khalsastandardorganisation/) for information of all other Sikhs of the Universe & Universes beyond.

6. Bulldozer through obstacles which may resist execution of the Joint plan through the time ahead.

7. Cool Negotiator through tough to handle Obstacles.

8. Receptive to evasive suggestions / incoming communications.

9. Receptive to mythical proposals.

10. Receptive to these 38 Steps of One orders of Stigurbani.

11. Receptive to Dictates.

12. Indifferent to Socio Political Rejection.

13. Believer of nothing but facts.

14. Fact FinderCompiler

15. Fact Enforcer

16. Organiser

17. 18….. through 37

18. 38th Step Create a library of Plans written through Amrit Vyla (ref Ser 4 above) as part of the Sarbat Khalsa intellect and gift to our future generations.

Gurkha Ftyh!

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh,

We should not get confused about Punj Baneeya.

Punj Baneeya are the same baneeya which are read or recited by

Punj Peyare during AMRIT SANCHAR and are JAP (Japji sahib) JAAP

Sahib, Savaeeye,Chopaee and Anand Sahib and these are for AMRIT

VELA.These Banees were recited By Guru GOBIND SINGH JI at the time

of first AMRIT SANCHAR on Visakhi of 1699 and there is no dispute

about it.

However,if we consider the REHAT MARYADA of SGPC where in JAPJI,

JAAP SAHIB and SAVAEEYE are mentioned as NITNEM for AMRIT VELA

and REHRAAS and SOHILA for night, there is no ban on reading more

Baaneeya at any time and as such if we read CHAUPAYEE and ANAND

SAHIB during NITNEM of AMRIT VELA, there will be no objection from any

sector of Khalsa panth as SGPC rEHAT MARYDA also says that every Sikh

read as much Gurbani as much as one can.

So we should do our NITNEM in light of above and must recite as much as

GURBANI as we can and try to increase our time devoted for reciting GURBANI

upto 2.30 hours daily so as to ensure that we devote at least DASVANDH i.e.

one tenth of 24 hours in the company of our SHABAD GURU.

Bhul chuk khima, Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh,