Confused..

Guest Jag

same poster as a while ago who made a topic about his brother cutting his hair. It has been a while now and hes not going to keep his hair or anything like that I am pretty much 99% sure. The thing is how am I supposed to act to this guy? He is my family.. but seeing him does annoy me I won't lie. He comes home every few weeks.. my mom has started treating him like she did before the whole incident. Just for some reason I can't bring myself to.. say what you want about me. To make things worse I can tell he gets sad as he realizes I don't acknowledge him half as much as I used to..

If I could have one thing it would be for him to keep his hair again but I believe it is time for me to accept that won't ever happen. On the other hand I have a very hard time treating him as I did before he did this and I feel he should realize how much pain he caused to our whole family. (not sure if he is aware.. although he should be. He does not accept that cutting his hair is a mistake on his part and has gotten in many arguments about it.. but that is beside the point.)

What should I do and how should I treat him?

My opinion is... lets say if one of your body parts caught some disease, you'd try to save it as much as possible before severing it.

Similarly - if you wish to keep a bond with your brother and actually help him, then you shouldn't give up on him so easily. It will hurt when someone betrays you, especially being so close to you - but in my opinion these are the trials for gursikhs to face and conquer!

Point is, He did what he thought was best - you can't hold it against him forever for making a mistake, surely that will not help him at all... In this day and age people can't get along because of their oversized ego's - try your best to help him and if he still doesn't fix himself then.. pray for him.

I'm amrit-dhaari but think of this for a second.. if you believe god exists - then surely he is above any and all organised religion(s) on this earth.. Religions will come and go but the almighty will always be there - just because your brother hasn't taken the spiritual path which you perceive to be correct doesn't mean he will never attain the essence of the almighty.

You can fill in the blanks yourself - put simply, help him realise his mistake and he will rectify his way himself! Hope that helps!

Vaheguru ji Khalsa Vaheguru ji ki Futheh,

Only Maharaj knows whats going to happen in the future. Is this a test for him? You? Or the whole family? Surrender to his will concentrate on your own path, it just maybe he needs to do this to come back into the Sikhi fold. You have tried, let it go leave it to Maharaj. Treat him the same.

Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Guest patanai

my opnion is and lots wont agree, but he is still th same person cut hair, long hair, spikey hair watever hairstyle.

I f Guru Nanak Dev ji treats everybody as equal and does not differentiate then why should we? If all God's children are same to him despite having hair or not then wat difference does it make to us?