Definition Of True Guru

So i was reading this shabad on SikhiToTheMax and was wondering about the last tuk.

This Shabad is by Guru Amar Daas Ji in Raag Bhairao on Pannaa 1127

rwgu BYrau mhlw 3 caupdy Gru 1

raag bhairo mehalaa 3 choupadhae ghar 1

Raag Bhairao, Third Mehla, ChauPaday, First House:

<> siqgur pRswid ]

ik oa(n)kaar sathigur prasaadh ||

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

jwiq kw grbu n krIAhu koeI ]

jaath kaa garab n kareeahu koee ||

No one should be proud of his social class and status.

bRhmu ibMdy so bRwhmxu hoeI ]1]

breham bi(n)dhae so braahaman hoee ||1||

He alone is a Brahmin, who knows God. ||1||

jwiq kw grbu n kir mUrK gvwrw ]

jaath kaa garab n kar moorakh gavaaraa ||

Do not be proud of your social class and status, you ignorant fool!

iesu grb qy clih bhuqu ivkwrw ]1] rhwau ]

eis garab thae chalehi bahuth vikaaraa ||1|| rehaao ||

So much sin and corruption comes from this pride. ||1||Pause||

cwry vrn AwKY sBu koeI ]

chaarae varan aakhai sabh koee ||

Everyone says that there are four castes, four social classes.

bRhmu ibMd qy sB Epiq hoeI ]2]

breham bi(n)dh thae sabh oupath hoee ||2||

They all emanate from the drop of God's Seed. ||2||

mwtI eyk sgl sMswrw ]

maattee eaek sagal sa(n)saaraa ||

The entire universe is made of the same clay.

bhu ibiD BWfy GVY kum@wrw ]3]

bahu bidhh bhaa(n)ddae gharrai kumhaaraa ||3||

The Potter has shaped it into all sorts of vessels. ||3||

pMc qqu imil dyhI kw Awkwrw ]

pa(n)ch thath mil dhaehee kaa aakaaraa ||

The five elements join together, to make up the form of the human body.

Git viD ko krY bIcwrw ]4]

ghatt vadhh ko karai beechaaraa ||4||

Who can say which is less, and which is more? ||4||

khqu nwnk iehu jIau krm bMDu hoeI ]

kehath naanak eihu jeeo karam ba(n)dhh hoee ||

Says Nanak, this soul is bound by its actions.

ibnu siqgur Byty mukiq n hoeI ]5]1]

bin sathigur bhaettae mukath n hoee ||5||1||

Without meeting the True Guru, it is not liberated. ||5||1||

The last tuk mentions "Without meeting the True Guru, it is not liberated". Being a sikh, i know who my true guru is but how do you explain to a non-sikh, who is a true guru. What are the characteristics or a true guru. Gurbani metions true guru a lot so can someone point out any gurbani tuks which tell us who is a true guru?

There is some katha I was listening to about Kabeer ji. I remember bits and pieces of it.

Kabeer ji had Ramanand as his guru. That was Guru who gave him vidiya and told him about this and that.

But then Kabeer ji didn't get divine knowledge from him, but actually gave divine knowledge to Ramanand. The way I have heard, Only after meeting Guru nanak Dev jee, Bhagat Kabeer found true Guru.

So the way I have heard in kathas. The other gurus (teachers) can give you worldly knowledge, can show you path towards the mukti, but only true Guru gets you to Mukti and thats what only Guru Granth sahib Jee can do. So Guru Granth sahib jee is the only SatGuru.

The ridhi sidhis etc could be acquired from others, but Mukti, only True guru can help you get that.

So why not approach the one who gets you all, why stop at ridhi sidhi, solution of materialistic problems/gains etc.

qusIN gurbwxI quk bwry vI puiCAw, AYh qukW pV lvo

This Shabad is by Guru Raam Daas Ji in Raag Soohee on Pannaa 758

siqguru myrw sdw sdw nw AwvY n jwie ]

sathigur maeraa sadhaa sadhaa naa aavai n jaae ||

My True Guru, forever and ever, does not come and go.

Ehu AibnwsI purKu hY sB mih rihAw smwie ]13]

ouhu abinaasee purakh hai sabh mehi rehiaa samaae ||13||

He is the Imperishable Creator Lord; He is permeating and pervading among all. ||13||

True Guru, is the one you can feel around you, even though you may not see HIM in physical form. True Guru is with whom you can have dialogue with when nobody else around you could feel HIS presence (if they are not connected like you are).

Vaar 26 Pauri 19 of Vaaran Bhai Gurdas ji

ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਗੁਣੀ ਨਿਧਾਨੁ ਹੈ ਗੁਣ ਕਰਿ ਬਖਸੈ ਅਵਗੁਣਿਆਰੇ ।

Satigur gunee nidhaanu hai gun kar bakhasai avaguniaaray|

The true Guru is the store house of virtues who out of his benevolence blesses even the wicked ones.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰਾ ਵੈਦੁ ਹੈ ਪੰਜੇ ਰੋਗ ਅਸਾਧ ਨਿਵਾਰੇ ।

Satiguru pooraa vaidu hai panjay rog asaadh nivaaray|

The true Guru is a perfect physician who cures all the five chronic ailments.

ਸੁਖ ਸਾਗਰੁ ਗੁਰੁਦੇਉ ਹੈ ਨਿਦਕ ਦੋਖੀ ਬੇਮੁਖ ਤਾਰੇ

Sukh saagaru gurudayu hai nidak dokhee baymukh taaray|

Guru is ocean of pleasures who happily absorbs in him the sufferers.

ਗੁਰ ਪੂਰਾ ਨਿਰਵੈਰੁ ਹੈ ਸੁਖ ਦੇ ਮੇਲਿ ਲਏ ਦੁਖਿਆਰੇ ।

Gur pooraa niravairu hai sukh day mayli |aay dukhiaaray|

The perfect Guru is away form enmity and He liberates even the slanderers, envious ones and the apostates.

ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰਾ ਨਿਰਭਉ ਸਦਾ ਜਨਮ ਮਰਣ ਜਮ ਡਰੈ ਉਤਾਰੇ ।

Guru pooraa nirabhau sadaa janam maran jam dare utaaray|

The perfect Guru is fearless who always dispels the fear of transmigration and Yama, the god of death.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਸੁਜਾਣੁ ਹੈ ਵਡੇ ਅਜਾਣ ਮੁਗਧ ਨਿਸਤਾਰੇ ।

Satiguru purakhu sujaanu hai vadE ajaan mugadh nisataaray|

The true Guru is that enlightened one who saves ignorant fools and even the unknown ones.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਆਗੂ ਜਾਣੀਐ ਬਾਹ ਪਕੜਿ ਅੰਧਲੇ ਉਧਾਰੇ ।

Satiguru aagoo jaaneeai baah pakarh andhalay udhaaray|

The true Guru is known as such a leader who catching hold from the arm takes the blind also across (the world ocean).

ਮਾਣੁ ਨਿਮਾਣੇ ਸਦ ਬਲਿਹਾਰੇ

Maanu nimaanay sad balihaaray

I am sacrifice unto that true Guru who is the pride of the humble ones

Pauri 20 of Vaar 26 - Vaaran Bhaai Gurdaas ji

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪਾਰਸਿ ਪਰਸਿਐ ਕੰਚਨੁ ਕਰੈ ਮਨੂਰ ਮਲੀਣਾ ।

Satiguru paarasi parasiai kanchanu karai manoor maleenaa|

The true Guru is such a philosopher's stone by whose touch dross transforms into gold.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਬਾਵਨੁ ਚੰਦਨੋ ਵਾਸੁ ਸੁਵਾਸੁ ਕਰੈ ਲਾਖੀਣਾ ।

Satiguru baavanu chandano vaasu suvaasu karai|aakheenaa|

The true Guru is that sandalwood which makes every thing fragrant and million times more precious .

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰਾ ਪਾਰਿਜਾਤੁ ਸਿੰਮਲੁ ਸਫਲੁ ਕਰੈ ਸੰਗਿ ਲੀਣਾ ।

Satiguru pooraa paarijaatu sinmalu sadhalu karai sangi|eenaa|

The true Guru is that wish fulfilling tree which makes the cotton silk tree full of fruit.

ਮਾਨ ਸਰੋਵਰੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਕਾਗਹੁ ਹੰਸੁ ਜਲਹੁ ਦੁਧੁ ਪੀਣਾ ।

Maan sarovaru satiguroo kaagahu hansu jalahu dudhu peenaa|

The true Guru is that Manasarovar, the sacred lake in Hindu mythology, which transforms crows into swans, who drink milk cut of mixtrue of water and milk.

ਗੁਰ ਤੀਰਥੁ ਦਰੀਆਉ ਹੈ ਪਸੂ ਪਰੇਤ ਕਰੈ ਪਰਬੀਣਾ ।

Our teeradu dareeaau hai pasoo parayt karai parabeenaa|

The Guru is that holy river which makes the animals and the ghosts knowledgeable and skilful.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਬੰਦੀਛੋੜੁ ਹੈ ਜੀਵਣ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਕਰੈ ਓਡੀਣਾ ।

Satigur bandeechhorhu hai jeevan mukati karai aodeenaa|

The true Guru is giver of freedom from bondages and makes the detached ones librated in life.

ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਮਨ ਅਪਤੀਜੁ ਪਤੀਣਾ

Guramukhi man apateeju pateenaa

The wavering mind of the Guru-oriented individual becomes steadfast and full of confidence.