How Can We Thank Our Guru?

The best way of thanking Gurujee for Their kirpa is to live as Raghbir Singh Bir puts it in his book , a ''shukrane vala jeewan'' i.e a life based on continously thanking God. The nanakseria ardas in its final lines always says ''jo dita vah vah ..........'' i.e ''O Lord thanks and Vah Vah for whatever you have given me, are giving and shall give me'' . Hence in our daily ardas we can affirm God's blessings and thank Him.

We can receive tremendous kirpa from Gurujee, but live a life where we do not bother to learn the meanings of nitnem and live our Sikhi life robotically and mechanically in a formula kinda manner, never even doing simran with much pyaar and being slack on amritvela, etc etc etc and always looking serious and sulky, being very introverted and always churning out doubts and keeping Sikhi to ourselves.

On the other hand we can choose to be appreciative and thankful for Maharaj's kirpa by sharing Sikhi with those that others have abandoned, our neighbours, mates at school and colege etc . I have given you plenty such ideas in my last private pm to you. This translates as ''I love it and am thankful for it and desire to share and distribute it. I have such love for my fellow human beings that I wish to introduce them to my merciful and gracious great Guru so my Guru can bless not just me but others close to me and those unfortunate ones too''. In my business if those who work for me think I am a kind and loving manager and boss, they always introduce their best mates to me to work for me and receive my love too. That makes me feel appreciated.

A child receives toys, busies itself in them and forgets about its mother . A gurmukh however always loves the Giver more than the gift. Our thankfulness is expressed by a heart that gets wetter by the second in loving Gurujee, eyes that get filled up in tears for Gurujee and fervent passionate simran, a smiley lit up face, a joyfulness in our character and personality, a sweetness in our words, and a relaxedness in our walk as if we are well fed lions. When deep down you throb in your being with Maharaj's kirpa, every passing second you are in a state of fateh/victory and chardikela and sehaj all in one place. You practically 'rock' because maharaj's kirpa is a powerful force that makes you real creative, energised and dynamic. Thankfulness will beam automatically from your eyes and emanate from your soul and infect all those within your radar.