Let Go!

“My toy broke!” shrieked the little boy. Tears rolling down his cheek, he went to his mother to get it fixed.

“....mummmmy.....mummy....” he was stuttering now.“Yes dear, what happened? Why are you crying?” asked the mother. She gently held the child and placed him on her lap. “Tell me, what's wrong?”

The child was much calmer now. He picked up an aeroplane. It's wing had been broken and was tilting to one side. “Look” said the boy. “It's broken! Can you fix it for me?” he asked his mother with hope.

The mother gently spoke, “Yes, why not? Give the aeroplane, let me see carefully what's wrong with it”.

“NO!” the boy started crying once again, “Fix it! I want to play with it. Don't throw it away mummy.”

The boy grasped the plane firmly in his hands now and refused to give it to his mother.

Seeing this, the mother asked, “What makes you think I will throw it away? If you don't give me the toy, how do you expect me to mend it? I need to see what's wrong it first”.

“I don't care!” the boy said arrogantly. “Fix it whilst I hold it in my hands. I will help you”.

The mother agreed and started to mend it. But it was bound to take long and proved to be a difficult task, especially when the child would not give it to her to look at it.

Annoyed at how long it was taking his mother to fix the toy, the boy snatched the plane of his mother and said “Forget it! It's taking you too long. I will do it myself”. He walked away with the toy and tried all day long to mend it but with no success. Finally, he gave up, put the toy to one side and went to sleep. He had no hope left. It would never be the same again.

The next morning, as the child walked down the stairs, he noticed something different. He smiled and ran towards his mother. “Thank – You mummy. How did you mend it?”

The mother smiled and spoke gently, “When you went to sleep last night, I looked at it and noticed that the wing needed to be fixed into a space on the side. It wasn't broken at all. If you had let go and let me see it, it would have been fixed last night itself.”

We too act like the child sometimes....we too go to Waheguru with....pain and suffering. But like the child, we too don't truly let go. We don't let Him take care of our life how He thinks is right. Next time you are let down by a particular situation, let go! Let Waheguru do the mending and see how easily he does it......

ਸ੍ਰੀਰਾਗੁ ਮਹਲਾ

Sarīrāg mėhlā 5.

Siree Raag, Fifth Mehl:

ਸੋਈ ਧਿਆਈਐ ਜੀਅੜੇ ਸਿਰਿ ਸਾਹਾਂ ਪਾਤਿਸਾਹੁ

So▫ī ḏẖi▫ā▫ī▫ai jī▫aṛe sir sāhāʼn pāṯisāhu.

Meditate on Him, O my soul; He is the Supreme Lord over kings and emperors.

ਤਿਸ ਹੀ ਕੀ ਕਰਿ ਆਸ ਮਨ ਜਿਸ ਕਾ ਸਭਸੁ ਵੇਸਾਹੁ

Ŧis hī kī kar ās man jis kā sabẖas vesāhu.

Place the hopes of your mind in the One, in whom all have faith.

ਸਭਿ ਸਿਆਣਪਾ ਛਡਿ ਕੈ ਗੁਰ ਕੀ ਚਰਣੀ ਪਾਹੁ ॥੧॥

Sabẖ si▫āṇpā cẖẖad kai gur kī cẖarṇī pāhu. ||1||

Give up all your clever tricks, and grasp the Feet of the Guru. ||1||

ਮਨ ਮੇਰੇ ਸੁਖ ਸਹਜ ਸੇਤੀ ਜਪਿ ਨਾਉ

Man mere sukẖ sahj seṯī jap nā▫o.

O my mind, chant the Name with intuitive peace and poise.

ਆਠ ਪਹਰ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਧਿਆਇ ਤੂੰ ਗੁਣ ਗੋਇੰਦ ਨਿਤ ਗਾਉ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ

Āṯẖ pahar parabẖ ḏẖi▫ā▫e ṯūʼn guṇ go▫inḏ niṯ gā▫o. ||1|| rahā▫o.

Twenty-four hours a day, meditate on God. Constantly sing the Glories of the Lord of the Universe. ||1||Pause||

ਤਿਸ ਕੀ ਸਰਨੀ ਪਰੁ ਮਨਾ ਜਿਸੁ ਜੇਵਡੁ ਅਵਰੁ ਕੋਇ

Ŧis kī sarnī par manā jis jevad avar na ko▫e.

Seek His Shelter, O my mind; there is no other as Great as He.

ਜਿਸੁ ਸਿਮਰਤ ਸੁਖੁ ਹੋਇ ਘਣਾ ਦੁਖੁ ਦਰਦੁ ਮੂਲੇ ਹੋਇ

Jis simraṯ sukẖ ho▫e gẖaṇā ḏukẖ ḏaraḏ na mūle ho▫e.

Remembering Him in meditation, a profound peace is obtained. Pain and suffering will not touch you at all.

ਸਦਾ ਸਦਾ ਕਰਿ ਚਾਕਰੀ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਸਚਾ ਸੋਇ ॥੨॥

Saḏā saḏā kar cẖākrī parabẖ sāhib sacẖā so▫e. ||2||

Forever and ever, work for God; He is our True Lord and Master. ||2||

ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤਿ ਹੋਇ ਨਿਰਮਲਾ ਕਟੀਐ ਜਮ ਕੀ ਫਾਸ

Sāḏẖsangaṯ ho▫e nirmalā katī▫ai jam kī fās.

In the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, you shall become absolutely pure, and the noose of death shall be cut away.

ਸੁਖਦਾਤਾ ਭੈ ਭੰਜਨੋ ਤਿਸੁ ਆਗੈ ਕਰਿ ਅਰਦਾਸਿ

Sukẖ▫ḏāṯa bẖai bẖanjno ṯis āgai kar arḏās.

So offer your prayers to Him, the Giver of Peace, the Destroyer of fear.

ਮਿਹਰ ਕਰੇ ਜਿਸੁ ਮਿਹਰਵਾਨੁ ਤਾਂ ਕਾਰਜੁ ਆਵੈ ਰਾਸਿ ॥੩॥

Mihar kare jis miharvān ṯāʼn kāraj āvai rās. ||3||

Showing His Mercy, the Merciful Master shall resolve your affairs. ||3||

ਬਹੁਤੋ ਬਹੁਤੁ ਵਖਾਣੀਐ ਊਚੋ ਊਚਾ ਥਾਉ

Bahuṯo bahuṯ vakẖāṇī▫ai ūcẖo ūcẖā thā▫o.

The Lord is said to be the Greatest of the Great; His Kingdom is the Highest of the High.

ਵਰਨਾ ਚਿਹਨਾ ਬਾਹਰਾ ਕੀਮਤਿ ਕਹਿ ਸਕਾਉ

varnā cẖihnā bāhrā kīmaṯ kahi na sakā▫o.

He has no color or mark; His Value cannot be estimated.

ਨਾਨਕ ਕਉ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਮਇਆ ਕਰਿ ਸਚੁ ਦੇਵਹੁ ਅਪੁਣਾ ਨਾਉ ॥੪॥੭॥੭੭॥

Nānak ka▫o parabẖ ma▫i▫ā kar sacẖ ḏevhu apuṇā nā▫o. ||4||7||77||

Please show Mercy to Nanak, God, and bless him with Your True Name. ||4||7||77||

"My toy broke!" shrieked the little boy. Tears rolling down his cheek, he went to his mother to get it fixed.

"....mummmmy.....mummy...." he was stuttering now."Yes dear, what happened? Why are you crying?" asked the mother. She gently held the child and placed him on her lap. "Tell me, what's wrong?"

The child was much calmer now. He picked up an aeroplane. It's wing had been broken and was tilting to one side. "Look" said the boy. "It's broken! Can you fix it for me?" he asked his mother with hope.

The mother gently spoke, "Yes, why not? Give the aeroplane, let me see carefully what's wrong with it".

"NO!" the boy started crying once again, "Fix it! I want to play with it. Don't throw it away mummy."

The boy grasped the plane firmly in his hands now and refused to give it to his mother.

Seeing this, the mother asked, "What makes you think I will throw it away? If you don't give me the toy, how do you expect me to mend it? I need to see what's wrong it first".

"I don't care!" the boy said arrogantly. "Fix it whilst I hold it in my hands. I will help you".

The mother agreed and started to mend it. But it was bound to take long and proved to be a difficult task, especially when the child would not give it to her to look at it.

Annoyed at how long it was taking his mother to fix the toy, the boy snatched the plane of his mother and said "Forget it! It's taking you too long. I will do it myself". He walked away with the toy and tried all day long to mend it but with no success. Finally, he gave up, put the toy to one side and went to sleep. He had no hope left. It would never be the same again.

The next morning, as the child walked down the stairs, he noticed something different. He smiled and ran towards his mother. "Thank – You mummy. How did you mend it?"

The mother smiled and spoke gently, "When you went to sleep last night, I looked at it and noticed that the wing needed to be fixed into a space on the side. It wasn't broken at all. If you had let go and let me see it, it would have been fixed last night itself."

We too act like the child sometimes....we too go to Waheguru with....pain and suffering. But like the child, we too don't truly let go. We don't let Him take care of our life how He thinks is right. Next time you are let down by a particular situation, let go! Let Waheguru do the mending and see how easily he does it......

ਸ੍ਰੀਰਾਗੁ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥

Sarīrāg mėhlā 5.

Siree Raag, Fifth Mehl:

ਸੋਈ ਧਿਆਈਐ ਜੀਅੜੇ ਸਿਰਿ ਸਾਹਾਂ ਪਾਤਿਸਾਹੁ ॥

So▫ī ḏẖi▫ā▫ī▫ai jī▫aṛe sir sāhāʼn pāṯisāhu.

Meditate on Him, O my soul; He is the Supreme Lord over kings and emperors.

ਤਿਸ ਹੀ ਕੀ ਕਰਿ ਆਸ ਮਨ ਜਿਸ ਕਾ ਸਭਸੁ ਵੇਸਾਹੁ ॥

Ŧis hī kī kar ās man jis kā sabẖas vesāhu.

Place the hopes of your mind in the One, in whom all have faith.

ਸਭਿ ਸਿਆਣਪਾ ਛਡਿ ਕੈ ਗੁਰ ਕੀ ਚਰਣੀ ਪਾਹੁ ॥੧॥

Sabẖ si▫āṇpā cẖẖad kai gur kī cẖarṇī pāhu. ||1||

Give up all your clever tricks, and grasp the Feet of the Guru. ||1||

ਮਨ ਮੇਰੇ ਸੁਖ ਸਹਜ ਸੇਤੀ ਜਪਿ ਨਾਉ ॥

Man mere sukẖ sahj seṯī jap nā▫o.

O my mind, chant the Name with intuitive peace and poise.

ਆਠ ਪਹਰ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਧਿਆਇ ਤੂੰ ਗੁਣ ਗੋਇੰਦ ਨਿਤ ਗਾਉ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

Āṯẖ pahar parabẖ ḏẖi▫ā▫e ṯūʼn guṇ go▫inḏ niṯ gā▫o. ||1|| rahā▫o.

Twenty-four hours a day, meditate on God. Constantly sing the Glories of the Lord of the Universe. ||1||Pause||

ਤਿਸ ਕੀ ਸਰਨੀ ਪਰੁ ਮਨਾ ਜਿਸੁ ਜੇਵਡੁ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਕੋਇ ॥

Ŧis kī sarnī par manā jis jevad avar na ko▫e.

Seek His Shelter, O my mind; there is no other as Great as He.

ਜਿਸੁ ਸਿਮਰਤ ਸੁਖੁ ਹੋਇ ਘਣਾ ਦੁਖੁ ਦਰਦੁ ਨ ਮੂਲੇ ਹੋਇ ॥

Jis simraṯ sukẖ ho▫e gẖaṇā ḏukẖ ḏaraḏ na mūle ho▫e.

Remembering Him in meditation, a profound peace is obtained. Pain and suffering will not touch you at all.

ਸਦਾ ਸਦਾ ਕਰਿ ਚਾਕਰੀ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਸਚਾ ਸੋਇ ॥੨॥

Saḏā saḏā kar cẖākrī parabẖ sāhib sacẖā so▫e. ||2||

Forever and ever, work for God; He is our True Lord and Master. ||2||

ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤਿ ਹੋਇ ਨਿਰਮਲਾ ਕਟੀਐ ਜਮ ਕੀ ਫਾਸ ॥

Sāḏẖsangaṯ ho▫e nirmalā katī▫ai jam kī fās.

In the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, you shall become absolutely pure, and the noose of death shall be cut away.

ਸੁਖਦਾਤਾ ਭੈ ਭੰਜਨੋ ਤਿਸੁ ਆਗੈ ਕਰਿ ਅਰਦਾਸਿ ॥

Sukẖ▫ḏāṯa bẖai bẖanjno ṯis āgai kar arḏās.

So offer your prayers to Him, the Giver of Peace, the Destroyer of fear.

ਮਿਹਰ ਕਰੇ ਜਿਸੁ ਮਿਹਰਵਾਨੁ ਤਾਂ ਕਾਰਜੁ ਆਵੈ ਰਾਸਿ ॥੩॥

Mihar kare jis miharvān ṯāʼn kāraj āvai rās. ||3||

Showing His Mercy, the Merciful Master shall resolve your affairs. ||3||

ਬਹੁਤੋ ਬਹੁਤੁ ਵਖਾਣੀਐ ਊਚੋ ਊਚਾ ਥਾਉ ॥

Bahuṯo bahuṯ vakẖāṇī▫ai ūcẖo ūcẖā thā▫o.

The Lord is said to be the Greatest of the Great; His Kingdom is the Highest of the High.

ਵਰਨਾ ਚਿਹਨਾ ਬਾਹਰਾ ਕੀਮਤਿ ਕਹਿ ਨ ਸਕਾਉ ॥

varnā cẖihnā bāhrā kīmaṯ kahi na sakā▫o.

He has no color or mark; His Value cannot be estimated.

ਨਾਨਕ ਕਉ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਮਇਆ ਕਰਿ ਸਚੁ ਦੇਵਹੁ ਅਪੁਣਾ ਨਾਉ ॥੪॥੭॥੭੭॥

Nānak ka▫o parabẖ ma▫i▫ā kar sacẖ ḏevhu apuṇā nā▫o. ||4||7||77||

Please show Mercy to Nanak, God, and bless him with Your True Name. ||4||7||77||

Nice post , penji happy.gif

I am not an atheist . But , after you narrate this story to an atheist , he/she will ask you one question :

" If god is all powerful ( mom in this case ) , why he can't fix problem ( aeroplane toy ) while the child is still holding it , rather than for the child to leave it from his hands ?"

I am sorry if you felt bad penji , I am not an atheist , but am sharing my experience with atheists .