Bloody Fights Erupts At Brampton Gurdwara

N30S1NGH

I think it is time the youth stepped up and cleaned up the mess that is going on in our commuinty. The way things are going, sikhi will be finished by our next generation, you can already seeing it happeneing when you go to the gurdwara. I was born in raised in Canada, am a proud sikh. But when i go to the gurdwara and see guys I grew up with with dastars, and their kids with their hair cut, its a sign that things are changing for the worse. We are losing our identity. Gurdwaras is where our identity starts, it is like home base, the gurdwara should be promoting sikhi, bring the community closer, a place for us to take our kids, so they can be with other sikhs, learn what our gurus taught us. But this is not the case, if anything we want to keep our kids away from the gurdwara. We all say it is politics, people stealing money, if that is the case, what are we as the youth doing about it? nothing. But we want to complain. Until us first generation canadian sikhs get involved in the gurdwara, these things will keep on happening. I am sure I am not the only one who feels this way, there are many of us out there, this cannot be done alone, we need to stand together and take our gurdwaras back, not for us, but for our kids, and our kids kids. If not we will all run from sikhi, this is how i feel. I feel that we must do something about this, and if we dont do somthing soon it will be too late. Sikhs have always done good and got no credit for it, but when something like this happens, we make front page news. Somebody once told me that when there is a good thing going, everyone wants to destroy it. Sikhism is a real good thing thats why everyone is out there to break us, and the sad thing is that is easy to break us cuz we have no EKTA. We all need to realize that sikhi come from inside out, once you understand it and live it the outside comes automatically, you understand the importance of keeping our 5 K's. Keeping the 5 K's and looking like a sikh, does not make you a sikh, must live an honest life, the way our gurus taught us, and then you can say you are a true sikh.

I do apologize if I offended anyone, that was not my intent, my intent is to unite our youth and bring us sikhs in canada back on track, so we can save ourselves before we become lost in this world.

Wahe guru ji ka khalsa, wahe guru jee kee fateh

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic