The Southall Election - The Closest We Have Come To Getting A Dastar Into The Houses Of Parliament

I'm a staunch supporter of Gurcharan Singh and I'll makes no excuses for it. I've chosen to back him not just because he's a Singh (which is good enough reason alone) but primarily because of all the candidates for Ealing Southall, I believe him to be the strongest.

Speaking from the perspective of somebody who has lived here my whole life. I've seen it all in this area - overcrowding, drug-crime, family breakdowns, run down streets, abandoned buildings, ill-maintained roads, etc. etc.

My verdict on the main candidates is as follows:

Sharma (Labour) - I used to think he was a nice enough bloke until I saw the propaganda he issued about Singh. I also used to think he cared about what his constituents thought until he refused to debate his opponents on the issues. The bottom line for me now is that this man is just a "Khabra Mark 2" i.e. an ineffectual MP and certainly not worthy of the vote.

Nigel Bakhai (LibDems) - again, nice enough bloke but I think he has very little commonality with the typical Ealing Southall resident. Also, upon listening to his recent interviews, a lot of it seems to be stolen from the Lib Dem Central Office script book. Also, he says "you know" way too much lol!

You already know what I think about Gurcharan Singh (Conservatives) so I won't elaborate further except to say that this man has the knowledge, the skills, the background and most of all the drive to deliver for the area. My support of this candidate has increased over the past week in light of the smear campaign attacking his character. (I'm a big fan of the underdog.)

I'm sure the majority of the people on this forum have a link to Southall, I would like to emplore you all to consider Gurcharan Singh on his merits and encourage others to do the same. We have an opportunity to make history on Thursday.

Anyway, those are my thoughts out of the way. What are yours? I've seen a lot of negativity elsewhere about G Singh but it all seems to be based on hearsay i.e. no evidence produced. Let's have a facts-based discussion on the matter!

I'm a staunch supporter of Gurcharan Singh and I'll makes no excuses for it. I've chosen to back him not just because he's a Singh (which is good enough reason alone) but primarily because of all the candidates for Ealing Southall, I believe him to be the strongest.

Speaking from the perspective of somebody who has lived here my whole life. I've seen it all in this area - overcrowding, drug-crime, family breakdowns, run down streets, abandoned buildings, ill-maintained roads, etc. etc.

My verdict on the main candidates is as follows:

Sharma (Labour) - I used to think he was a nice enough bloke until I saw the propaganda he issued about Singh. I also used to think he cared about what his constituents thought until he refused to debate his opponents on the issues. The bottom line for me now is that this man is just a "Khabra Mark 2" i.e. an ineffectual MP and certainly not worthy of the vote.

Nigel Bakhai (LibDems) - again, nice enough bloke but I think he has very little commonality with the typical Ealing Southall resident. Also, upon listening to his recent interviews, a lot of it seems to be stolen from the Lib Dem Central Office script book. Also, he says "you know" way too much lol!

You already know what I think about Gurcharan Singh (Conservatives) so I won't elaborate further except to say that this man has the knowledge, the skills, the background and most of all the drive to deliver for the area. My support of this candidate has increased over the past week in light of the smear campaign attacking his character. (I'm a big fan of the underdog.)

I'm sure the majority of the people on this forum have a link to Southall, I would like to emplore you all to consider Gurcharan Singh on his merits and encourage others to do the same. We have an opportunity to make history on Thursday.

Anyway, those are my thoughts out of the way. What are yours? I've seen a lot of negativity elsewhere about G Singh but it all seems to be based on hearsay i.e. no evidence produced. Let's have a facts-based discussion on the matter!

Already being discussed : http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/52303-who-are-you-voting-for-uk-gen-elections-6th-may/

Gurcharan Singh - IMO : Can't trust someone who goes around saying he is an amritdhari Sikh, then spends his time eating meat and and drinking at party's etc.. It's not hearsay, I've seen it with my own eyes. He didnlt deny it when asked on the Gazetee forum..

Vote Lib-dem!!

Spot on Azaad!

Humgareeb - well, it was only a matter of time wasn't it?!

FYI: this thread is specifically about the Ealing Southall election.

Also, I did make a point about this being a facts-based discussion so please stop spewing bullturds and support your nonsense claims with fact. I have a question for you in light of this:

When and where EXACTLY did Gurcharan Singh claim to be an amritdhari?

In fact, don't even answer that since that is not what this post is about. Since you support Lib Dems, why don't you contribute and tell us why Nigel Bakhai should get the vote in Ealing Southall?

Spot on Azaad!

Humgareeb - well, it was only a matter of time wasn't it?!

FYI: this thread is specifically about the Ealing Southall election.

Also, I did make a point about this being a facts-based discussion so please stop spewing bullturds and support your nonsense claims with fact. I have a question for you in light of this:

When and where EXACTLY did Gurcharan Singh claim to be an amritdhari?

In fact, don't even answer that since that is not what this post is about. Since you support Lib Dems, why don't you contribute and tell us why Nigel Bakhai should get the vote in Ealing Southall?

What i am stating is facts, its not made up!! When he and his clan were on Sikh Channel few weeks ago (during panth time and another show), Manjit Singh (councillor) was going on about how he the perfect sikh, role model, blah blah bla... I was shocked as had him seen him a week or two earlier at a party, doing things contrary to Sikhi principles.

If sharma wasnt standing I would prob vote labour because I like Gordon Brown's policies, but since none of these candidates in my eyes are up to the mark!

Another reason I wouldn;t vote G Singh is because it appears he is being backed by the anti-panthic corrupt Malhi (badal-alliance) crew...

humgareeb, I respect where you're coming from. If you like Brown's policies, that's your prerogative but stating that you've seen an interview on the Sikh Channel does not mean it happened in other words "link or die fool"! I've been following the same interviews and haven't seen anything that confirms what you're saying. If I had seen it, I'd be shocked!

The thing about Mahli, I can't comment on - I've no idea and I don't care to be honest. What I do know is that the Gurdwara seems to be much better off since they took over it's management BUT that's another thread I guess...

humgareeb, I respect where you're coming from. If you like Brown's policies, that's your prerogative but stating that you've seen an interview on the Sikh Channel does not mean it happened in other words "link or die fool"! I've been following the same interviews and haven't seen anything that confirms what you're saying. If I had seen it, I'd be shocked!

The thing about Mahli, I can't comment on - I've no idea and I don't care to be honest. What I do know is that the Gurdwara seems to be much better off since they took over it's management BUT that's another thread I guess...

Yeh but after seeing those interviews, where I thought he was s good sikh, I saw him eating meat and drinking at a party. That put me right off..

I agree with you that the gurdwara has been better off under the current managemet, but that's not malhi's doing, since there is only a limited amount he can do a he is not a committee member. Had he had his own way,you would have seen what he really is. As u say though for another thread perhaps though.