High School Next Year..Any Tips?

gurmzz

I am so excited to go to High school, but wondering abt the pressure and all...this question may go to the sangat that have studies in America/american school but others can answer: but how do you guyz think i should control all this: i mean they said around 3 hours of homework a day...where can i fit in sikhi/freetime/sport?

wat have u guyz gone through?

WJKK WJKF!

I am not punjabi, but I did do well in high school. The secret is to not get involved with women (or men depending on your gender). Stay focused on school. Try your absolute best to be the best in the class. Hang with the smarter kids, so you end up competing against them. High school can make you feel smarter than you are... you can not try hard and still ace it... just remember that somewhere out there are kids going to boarding schools where they learn 10X as much as you... and you are going to be competing against those kids in college for med/law school spots. So you need to be doing better than the best kids in your class just to stand a chance. Don't believe me, just look at entrance qualifications for good schools...

Don't do drugs, they will be there but if you do them you will most likely become a loser.

Be as involved as possible. It looks great on a resume and it keeps you with the right crowd.

Give up TV/video games. I did this during undergrad and my grades skyrocketed.

It really depends on how competitive you are. In America, even with the current obamanation, you really can bust <banned word filter activated> and get to a great school and get it paid for. If your one of the cool kids or tough guys in high school, chances are you will be a huge loser 5 years later.