Doing Kirtan And Being Gupt

Guest Kirtani

Guest Kirtani

i really want to do kirtan in smagams and events, but Guru Ji told us to be as small as a ant, and i allways hear singhs sayin all the best singhs keep gupt. So how can i do kirtan and stay gupt. Should i not do kirtan? what should i do?.......

because i dont want to create that ego sayin "im the best at kirtan" or "i can sing"

VJKK VJKF

I used to think that not so long ago, but then someone told me that we have to realise this is a form of sevaa. I then realised that we have to acknowledge the fact that many people when listening to a keertani are still attracted to their voice. If some of these people are not into sikhi then your voice could help them get inspired into sikhi if they are attracted to it and that is bhallaa/a good deed. And you doing keertan will benefit everybody else anyway as you will be singing baani and putting it into their ears, so there is a benefit for everybody. Just as long as you know that you are doing it as sevaa and not fame. Yes, it may get you fame but it's still always benefiting people as many people will always initially go for the voice of the keertani.

But please do be aware, guru ji can bless you with a great voice, but with that comes tests of ahankaar as you will get many praises from sangat and that can be hard, however the keertan that you do will ultimately help you to build up the strength to keep the ahankaar away as baani is what contains the power to allow you to do so.

Sorry if i offended anybody, i didnt mean to, and sorry for anything i may have said incorrectly.

VJKK VJKF

Kirtanee jee!!

Having Kirtan di daat is a gift from Guru Sahib embrace it with love, do ardas and beg in Maharaj dey Charan so that ego doesnt get the best of,,

IT is the most amazing feeling to sing in Guru Sahibs Sharan and having sangat sing along, it gives alot of strength and power,, i just wanna sing louder and louder,,,

i use to be shy and not sing as openly, now i just focus in my mind that i am singing to Guru Sahib in Sangati roop, it is a great pun charity to sing/recite bani in sangat, such as there is great fal in reciting nitnem in maharaj dee hazoori also,,

Keep Ur intentions Pure and ur on the right path,

Guru Sahib has given u this daat, dont get confused or dont try to hard to be gupt, just go with the flow, go to kirtans and do kirtan di seva when asked, dont expect a vari to do kirtan, have gareebi that u are nothing and that it is a huge blessing to recieve this seva,,

i had great bhukh to do kirtan in sangat, i did ardas to Guru Sahib and i was blessed with the opportunity and it was so peacegiving, i was so excited and happy, i was going Fast and sang really loud-- early in the morning lol!

:)

do wut u feel, dont get lost in other ppls thoughts,

focus on Guru Sahib

What would make Guru Sahib Happy

:)

Guest Guest

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Firstly,

ਹਰਿ ਕਾ ਭਗਤੁ ਪ੍ਰਗਟ ਨਹੀ ਛਪੈ ॥ (SGGS jeeo- Ang 265)

har kaa bhagat pragatt nehee chhapai ||

The devotees of the Lord are known and respected; they do not hide in secrecy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So even if one wants to remain GUPT but his/her BHAGATI will definitely bring the Lime light.

Secondly,

ਸੁਣਿ ਬੇਨੰਤੀ ਸੁਆਮੀ ਅਪੁਨੇ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਇਹੁ ਸੁਖੁ ਮਾਗੈ ॥ ਜਹ ਕੀਰਤਨੁ ਤੇਰਾ ਸਾਧੂ ਗਾਵਹਿ ਤਹ ਮੇਰਾ ਮਨੁ ਲਾਗੈ ॥੪॥੬॥ (SGGS jeeo- Ang 610)

By Waheguru's grace unless one reaches the stage of Saadhu it is impossible to control kaam, krodh, lobh, moh & ahankaar FULLY.

It is better to "Try and fail, but don't fail to try.”

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Being gupt is not a bad thing.. Bare people keep gupt so do I lol..

On a serious note quiet a lot of high avasta people I know keep gupt especially in Birmingham. I know some singh that sits in his room in samadhi all day but no one knows that he is such a high spirtual soul. Going even further a lot of brahmgianis remain gupt from the world they have even become pooran. The reason they remain gupt is because they haven't got hukam from waheguru yet to teach others. While some mahapursh such as sant isher singh, sant nand singh and sant basant singh etc were given hukam to do so. So chillax to what makes you happy...