Who Is Maharaj Talking About?

hkaurP

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

I was reading some parts of the Zafarnama and I came across this line,

ਕਿ ਆਂ ਖ਼੍ਵਾਜਹ ਮਰਦੂਦ ਸਾਯਹ ਦੀਵਾਰ ॥ ਨਯਾਮਦ ਬ ਮੈਦਾਂ ਬ ਮਰਦਾਨਹ ਵਾਰ ॥੩੪॥

Ki aan khvaajah mardood saayah daavaar|| Nayaamad ba maidaan ba mardaanah vaar||34||

The condemned Khwaja (Khizar-Khan-Chief of Malerkoda); Did not come out of the shelter of the wall to fight like a man.(34)

Page 1728

Who is Maharaj talking about? And is it supposed to say Malerkotla instead of "Malerkoda"?

Can anyone explain this line more?

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Guest SarabjeetSingh

I was wondering if Zaffarnama is also " time context independent ". It is bani of Guru , but what can we learn from it today ?

Rather than just thinking of it as a letter to Aurangzeb ?unsure.gif

I was wondering if Zaffarnama is also " time context independent ". It is bani of Guru , but what can we learn from it today ?

Rather than just thinking of it as a letter to Aurangzeb ?unsure.gif

Have you read zafarnama ?

Tommorrow you may tell our Gurus lived in past and what we have to learn from their lives?

Zafarnama tells us about Guru sahib's heroic deeds thereby inspiring his sikhs in battlefield such as chamkaur sahib where

forty sikhs faced an army of one million moghals.

Zafarnama gave us fundamental teaching of resistance to tyranny as Guru Ji wrote in it that when all peaceful means

fail it is right to draw a sword in self defence.

Who is Maharaj talking about? And is it supposed to say Malerkotla instead of "Malerkoda"?

Can anyone explain this line more?

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Brother of Nawab of malerkotla was killed by Guru sahib in one of the battles he fought with Moghals.

So was this Nawab the same Nawab that protested against the shaheedi of the two chote sahibzadeys or was that someone else?

Killed person was brother of Nawab who vouched for release of sahibzade at Sirhind.

Wazir said to Nawab why he was speaking for sahibzade especially when their father

had killed his brother.

Nawab of Malerkotla replied that his brother was killed in battlefield.In the same way

Wazir khan should fight father of sahibzade in battlefield and in that case Nawab will also

participate and fight against Guru sahib. To kill innocents children is a cowardly act.

Guest SarabjeetSingh

Have you read zafarnama ?

Tommorrow you may tell our Gurus lived in past and what we have to learn from their lives?

Zafarnama tells us about Guru sahib's heroic deeds thereby inspiring his sikhs in battlefield such as chamkaur sahib where

forty sikhs faced an army of one million moghals.

Zafarnama gave us fundamental teaching of resistance to tyranny as Guru Ji wrote in it that when all peaceful means

fail it is right to draw a sword in self defence.

Ya I have read it . I know its very beautfiul , anyways you answered my questionsmile.gif

This is Dhan Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Ji referring to the incident where all Singhs are inside the fortress of Chamkaur - Under GuruSahib's command

the singhs were in bir asas with arrows all aimed towards the stair entrance to the upper floor. As mogul soldiers would come up the stairs they were quickly pounced upon by alert singhs ready to fire a shower of arrows at them. Consequently many died and this Kwajah Mahdood was completely shocked and full of fear fromm the khalsa battle strategy. Kwajah had a whole host of hankari soldiers who thought they could challenge the singhs, but one by one were all being killed or injured and cowardly backed off. Having witnessed all his best soldiers dying and cowardly running away there was complete commotion within the mogul ranks who began saying to Kwajah mahdood you go and attack GuruSahib as you used to say that you will catch Guru Sahib very easily. However he was completely gutless - he went up the stairs and soon as he saw GuruSahib he completely lost all courage and ran back downstairs, even though before hand he boasted that he would avenge the death of his brother. I think he was killed by Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji or Baba Banda Bahdaur Singh Ji

Killed person was brother of Nawab who vouched for release of sahibzade at Sirhind.

Wazir said to Nawab why he was speaking for sahibzade especially when their father

had killed his brother.

Nawab of Malerkotla replied that his brother was killed in battlefield.In the same way

Wazir khan should fight father of sahibzade in battlefield and in that case Nawab will also

participate and fight against Guru sahib. To kill innocents children is a cowardly act.

Thanks GPS Veerji and Pal 07 Veerji biggrin.gif