Is This Dream An Indication of my Attachment with my family member?

Guest SarabjeetSingh

Guest SarabjeetSingh

A few days ago I had a sad dream . This dream happened in day time , just before I woke up .

I don't remember completely , but as far as I know ....

I come to my dad ( or some other man who was my dad in dream ) . I was coming from some abroad trip after many years .

I was happy to meet my dad and so I hugged him . But I realised that he was looking sad . I asked him where the mom is ?

He said that my mom passed away . She died because of some wrong prescriptions by doctor . Also she died because of depression of me staying far away from her and never calling her on phone . At this moment , I begin to grow terribly uneasy as if I had lost everything . I begin to cry and then I woke up and realised its just a dream . But , still tears came from my eyes , after waking up .

What does all this mean ?

P.S: I am not making it up

Dreams can have a huge effect on us but only if we let them. Gurbani says that the world is an illusion and when we sleep and dream the illusion increases. Less sleep means less illusion, and little sleep is prescribed in gurbani.

Dreams of god or anything to do with sikhi are good and worth remembering because they equate with truth.

I have had dreams of the deaths of every single one of my family members in my life time and dreams where i've been slandered to the ground and have felt depressed all day long. Now I wake up and if the dream is depressing I remind myself it was just a dream, do morning paath and focus on guruji one pointedly and the dream is usually forgotten. The longer you dwell on a dream the more you'll prob remember it so try and put it out of your mind the minute you wake up and focus on god.

Don't dwell on a fake illusory dream existence, focus on god who is truth.

p.s If I took my dreams literally I'd be an orphan and a psychopath who talks to coats. And don't try those dream dictionaries either because they're full of rubbish!

Interesting thread about someones dream here

your dream could mean nothing, or it could mean something. if i was in your situation id to my very best to encourage my family members to recite naam, practice gurbani sahib and rememebr god always. i would also express how important it is to remember guru sahib at the time of death.