What Should Sikh Guys Do When…

Guest BBBSingh

Guest BBBSingh

…Sikh girls have Muslim Boyfriends?

Hello everybody

Apologies for asking this question here. I am not a bigot, nor do I wish to stir up any Muslim v Sikh debate/hatred. I just need to find an answer for a topic which is affecting me (even now I am finding it hard to type this)

I met a nice intelligent Sikh girl over Facebook last year, we talked a lot and although we agreed to meet up for a friendly coffee, it never happened for different reasons.

Later that year she started uni but we initially chatted when she moved into halls. However communication suddenly went very quiet. I sadly assumed that she met someone. I was disappointed to find out it was a Muslim boy who she had got with during a drunken Freshers week.

Over time I noticed on her Facebook that the nice intelligent girl I used to chat to was being replaced by a boozing party girl with attitude.

Her Muslim friends and boyfriend even started calling her by a Muslim name.

When I randomly bumped into her in central London one day, my polite hello was greeted by a cold stare, as if she was afraid and shocked to see me. I saw her turn away shivering with disgust (in my defence I am not an ugly guy!)

She has since semi blocked me on Facebook and I am wondering to remove her from my life completely

I feel sad and hurt about this so what should I do?

Some people have told me to report this to her family. Write on her Facebook page asking why she is dating a Muslim.

But I feel this wouldn’t benefit anyone?

I remember how I was at Uni, drinking and partying aswell

Am I being hypocritical by thinking girls shouldn’t be allowed to do the same?

Is this just her wild rebellious phase of life that will pass?

I would like to think this is an isolated incident but the sad truth is almost 70% of the Sikh girls I know are dating non Sikh guys

I am not a bigot, but it makes the job of finding a suitable girl to settle down with a lot harder for me.

Any words of advice would be welcome and again I hope I have not upset anyone here

Thanks