JATHAs

Deep Singh

Guest rsingh

we have people from all over and from different jathas, etc posting here.

I would like to ask a Q,

is it not wrong for us as sikhs to join Jatha bandhi's. Daman Taksal wasnt a jatha when it was set up, it was a school to teach shud Gurbani.

Today it seems we have jathas every where. what are your views.

Guest rsingh

thats the thing, we have the Khalsa Panth who is directed by Akal Takath, the prob is we have made so many Jatha Bandies who have decided to interpret everything in there own way and not as said by Akal Takath.

Guest rsingh

its hard to name names and prevent offending and starting arguments.

say u got the thrown, head, high, highest seat as Akal Takath

instead of promoting the comands of the suprem court (akal Takath) each regiment is making the own rules.

say u got the UK regiment, even they cant stay together, they split into International and UK as two seperate.

what i am try to get to without beating around the bush is, every jatha is promoting its own Reath and way of life. What can be done, what cant be. you go from one singh to another they will tell u different things. Y do we not all follow Akal Takath

and fine if u want to go more extreem fine, but y not 1 minimum rehat (code)

pull chuk maff

dear rsingh....

all the various jathas do follow the khalsa rehit..and yes some do follow a more strict rehit than others and that is just their way of showing love for guru ji....

and most if not all follow the minimum rehit prescribed by akal takt...

there is nothing wrong with having jathas if you look at each jatha/sangat...you'll see that all have contributed something positive to the panth...

also would just like to point out that the jathas in india aren't as divided as we have here in canada/USA...i've been to samagams in india where singhs/kaurs who usually attend sangat of various jathas come together to do kirtan, seva, simran, and enjoy Guru's divine bliss....

so at the end of the day..we all are just different parts of one big happy family....

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

true say!!! khalsapreet veerji or r k bhenji...one of them once told me a really good analogy of all the different jathas.. we're all just the sons and daughters of our guru.. we all live in the same house... and we all come together to eat dinner (pray, die, merge with guruji)... but when one of us starts hating on the other, then we end up hating a brother or a sister and that makes our parents unhappy... i totally totally messed up their analogy, so hopefully they'll read it and clarify it..

my personal feeling on jathas is that each and everyone contributesd something different to the panth. we all say "let's go back to the time's when there was only one jatha.." here's my thinking, that over the years, different forces have led sihi to lose different aspects over the years....so my feeling is, is that Satguru Ji keeps all these elements of the Sikh Panth alive by creating new jathas so that the Khalsa Panth still maintains all the qualities it had right in the beginning, just in more forms, that's all...

Guest mehtab
true say!!! khalsapreet veerji or r k bhenji...one of them once told me a really good analogy of all the different jathas.. we're all just the sons and daughters of our guru.. we all live in the same house... and we all come together to eat dinner (pray, die, merge with guruji)... but when one of us starts hating on the other, then we end up hating a brother or a sister and that makes our parents unhappy... i totally totally messed up their analogy, so hopefully they'll read it and clarify it..

It was khalsapreet veerjee, and japmans, you better stop thinking like me, because thats the first thing that came to my mind as well...

tongue.giftongue.gif :wub: :cool: