Purakh Bagwant Roop Guru Gobind Singh Ji

KOOKAR

Guru Gobind Singh Ji's previous incarnation as described in his autobiography, Bachittar Natak Granth which is included in Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj

Guru Gobind Singh Ji is the worlds only spiritual leader to have penned his autobiography pre-incarnation. He mentions in his composition Bachittar Natak an account of his previous birth.Bachittar Natak translates to Wonderful Drama , is included in his selection of writings which form the second most sacred scripture of the Sikhs, the Dasam Guru Granth Sahib Ji after the Adi Granth. Guru Gobind Singh Ji penned the Bachittar Natak on the banks of the Yamuna at Sri Paonta Sahib in 1698AD. “Whoever listens or reads the autobiography of Guru Gobind Singh Ji will surely go to the house of the Almighty Lord.” (Baba Ranjit Singh Ji of Dudley)

Guru Gobind singh Ji was merely 33 years of age when he formed the Khalsa Brotherhood..Guru Ji gives such vivid descriptions of the sacred place where he meditated in his previous incarnation. Guru Ji describes that He meditated on Hemkunt Parbat which is desribed to be surrounded by seven snow capped peaks. Through long penance Guru Sahib Ji became one with God . Guru Sahib Ji was absorbed in deep mediatation when Akal Purakh approached Guru Ji to take physical birth on this earth. Guru Sahib Ji was hesitant to leave this blissful mediatative state but nevetheless Guru Sahib Ji obeyed the command of the Lord Almighty. The Supreme Lord insisted that Guru Sahib Ji took physical birth on this earth to uproot evil and to promulgate dharma. Guru Gobind Singh Ji with bowed head and folded hands accepted the hukam of Waheguru and took physical birth at Patna Sahib on 22nd December 1622. Today Gurdwara Takhat Sri Harimandir Sahib , Patna stands in memory of Guru Ji.

Guru Gobind Singh Ji narrates in his own words and hence known as sri mukhwak or from the mouth of the tenth Guru:

ਚੌਪਈ Bachiitar Natak Granth, found in Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji

CHAUPAI

ਅਬ ਮੈ ਅਪਨੀ ਕਥਾ ਬਖਾਨੋ ॥ ਤਪ ਸਾਧਤ ਜਿਹ ਬਿਧਿ ਮੁਹਿ ਆਨੋ ॥

Now I relate my own story as to how I was brought here, while I was absorbed in deep meditation.

ਹੇਮ ਕੁੰਟ ਪਰਬਤ ਹੈ ਜਹਾਂ ॥ ਸਪਤ ਸ੍ਰਿੰਗ ਸੋਭਿਤ ਹੈ ਤਹਾਂ ॥੧॥

The site was the mountain named Hemkunt, with seven peaks and looks there very impressive.1.

ਸਪਤ ਸ੍ਰਿੰਗ ਤਿਹ ਨਾਮੁ ਕਹਾਵਾ ॥ ਪੰਡੁ ਰਾਜ ਜਹ ਜੋਗੁ ਕਮਾਵਾ ॥

That mountain is called Sapt Shring (seven-peaked mountain), where the Pandavas Practised Yoga.

ਤਹ ਹਮ ਅਧਿਕ ਤਪਸਿਆ ਸਾਧੀ ॥ ਮਹਾਕਾਲ ਕਾਲਿਕਾ ਅਰਾਧੀ ॥੨॥

There I was absorbed in deep meditation on the Primal Power, the Supreme KAL.2.

ਇਹ ਬਿਧਿ ਕਰਤ ਤਪਿਸਆ ਭਯੋ ॥ ਦ੍ਵੈ ਤੇ ਏਕ ਰੂਪ ਹ੍ਵੈ ਗਯੋ ॥

In this way, my meditation reached its zenith and I became One with the Omnipotent Lord.

ਤਾਤ ਮਾਤ ਮੁਰ ਅਲਖ ਅਰਾਧਾ ॥ ਬਹੁ ਬਿਧਿ ਜੋਗ ਸਾਧਨਾ ਸਾਧਾ ॥੩॥

My parents also meditated for the union with the Incomprehensible Lord and performed many types of disciplines for union.3.

ਤਿਨ ਜੋ ਕਰੀ ਅਲਖ ਕੀ ਸੇਵਾ ॥ ਤਾ ਤੇ ਭਏ ਪ੍ਰਸੰਨਿ ਗੁਰਦੇਵਾ ॥

The service that they rendered the Incomprehensible Lord, caused the pleasure of the Supreme Guru (i.e. Lord).

ਤਿਨ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਜਬ ਆਇਸ ਮੁਹਿ ਦੀਆ ॥ ਤਬ ਹਮ ਜਨਮ ਕਲੂ ਮਹਿ ਲੀਆ ॥੪॥

When the Lord ordered me, I was born in this Iron age.4.

ਚਿਤ ਨ ਭਯੋ ਹਮਰੋ ਆਵਨ ਕਹਿ ॥ ਚੁਭੀ ਰਹੀ ਸ੍ਰੁਤਿ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਚਰਨਨ ਮਹਿ ॥

I had no desire to come, because I was totally absorbed in devotion for the Holy feet of the Lord.

ਜਿਉ ਤਿਉ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਹਮ ਕੋ ਸਮਝਾਯੋ ॥ ਇਮ ਕਿਹ ਕੈ ਇਹ ਲੋਕਿ ਪਠਾਯੋ ॥੫॥

But the Lord made me understand His Will and sent me in this world with the following words.5.

ਅਕਾਲ ਪੁਰਖ ਬਾਚ ਇਸ ਕੀਟ ਪ੍ਰਤਿ

The Words of the Non-temporal Lord to this insect:

ਚੌਪਈ

चौपई ॥

CHAUPAI

ਜਬ ਪਹਿਲੇ ਹਮ ਸ੍ਰਿਸਟਿ ਬਨਾਈ ॥ ਦਈਤ ਰਚੇ ਦੁਸਟ ਦੁਖਦਾਈ ॥

जब पहिले हम स्रिसटि बनाई ॥ दईत रचे दुसट दुखदाई ॥

When I created the world in the beginning, I created the ignominious and dreadful Daityas.