• Topics

• "Stories." No, a lifetime of observations and, to a lesser degree, drawing inferences where experiences are undefined. I don't sit at home listening to gossip. I leave that to wo... nevermind. 😁 You can cling to optimism and feel angry, helpless and confused when the world around you doesn't function according to your high-minded ideals. The Kali Yuga is the age where those who don't wish to drown in the entirely false illusion of reality offered by people such as yourself, feel compelled to raise their objections about the obvious falsities around them.  The response to my words has only served to steel my resolve. I know I've touched a nerve. Instead of cowing me into silence, you've emboldened me further. Thank you.
    • No, even in the 90s there were lots of kids from Southall and Hounslow going to both Langley and Slough Grammar, at Herschel they were importing goreh from outside Slough. If you out the hard-work in your kids will pass, if they are somewhat gifted academically.
    • The kids are failing the test us because even back in 1990's you were in competition with kids in your own home town. Your grammar schools are no longer full of local kids but kids coming far afield like Hounslow, Harrow etc. There is far more competition.  This is having a two fold effect: 1.) Kids in your home town are being pushed into schools further afield. 2.)Kids in your hometown are being pushed into those less desirable schools so much so that the standards of those less desirable schools are beginning to see improvements. Check the GCSE / A levels in some of those secondary schools. They are higher than the national average.  What you are also beginning to see is that one over-achieving generation is not going to translate into the next generation because those parents who have gone through the system are quite disillusioned with it all. Most kids that get into grammar schools are in there because they have been coached to pass and when they get into the grammar school they struggle. It does not hold the same appeal as it used to.
    • There is a lot of wrapping kids in cotton wool. Kids don't even walk to school,  the parents drop them to school. Kids in the previous generations would take buses (even at primary school level) That kid was on his way home and he was attacked.   
    • When religion is not playing any role in someone's life, they tend to go on a route which is pretty much going in a wrong direction and against our dharam principles. There is no point of hating those who are  following such materialistic life. We should see these as an example of early warning that our own future generation can be like that and should do ardas that they won't get tangled in such maya web.

Important Information

Terms of Use