Keeping Faith And Studying

J500

I'd like guidance and advice on how to improve my faith. I wasn't too sure if I should post this but I just feel I've failed at everything. I'm a beginner and learning the 5 banniya every time I attend kirtan programs I feel this close ness with sangat and with guruji thats why I've started to grow my hair and read more into sikhi and learn. I was doing so well until stress started building my studies, exams, assignments, family and weekend job. I've lost all time to do my path my family say guruji is the one that will gives you everything I dont even do my path so how is that possible.! But it gets difficult I have no energy I sleep at 2am after reading and doing my work And wake up around 7 n get ready for my day n have a hour to leave the house n get to my working day. I feel in my head guilt and my mind tells me I should do it but how! The only thing I do is listen to kirtan while doing my coursework and before sleeping I do kirtan sholiha. I have all 5 baniya on my phone I listen to them but it won't be very effective if I don't cover my head for example on the underground I'm coming from uni Im sitting listening to path but my head isn't covered so this how I feel Its very effective isit? 

Forgive me if I've misspelt things. 

Well its exam time right now so its understandable that things would be difficult. I am sure during the year there must be times that its easier? Try and do your 5 bania, amritvela is the time according to gurmat, but atleast do it whenever you get up then.

I think listening to bani when there is no bani in written format is not that bad, hwoever as you are growing your hair, why dont you start wearing a patka or even dastar full time?

Just make sure that whatever sikhi things you are doing now, you don't stop them, only ever increase all the good things you do.

The more sangat you do and keertan you listen to the better.

Just do alot of ardas again and again for what you need, be patient and don't lose faith, even if it feels like hes taking ages to answer, just constantly keep doing ardaas.

Also, one thing you can try and do is, while studying, say to yourself that every hour you will take a small break to do a few malas/few mins of mool mantar/simran,etc. when you get a break do some simple jaap instead of anything else. It will atleast be away to keep you connected to Vaheguroo Sahib Jeeo.

it sounds like you've begun walking the path during a time in your life when there is a lot going on. it's probably a lot easier for you to add one thing at a time, and then when you get used to that, add one more thing. my suggestion is that while you are a student, focus on student life. don't feel guilty for being unable to do all your baniyan and make sure you get the amount of sleep that you need. so right now as your spiritual practice you do kirtan sohila, and llisten to kirtan while doing coursework. That's good enough. In fact, if I were you, if I were going to move forward, I would add in some jaap of mool mantar first before I begin adding in the banis. I feel that would be a lot easier and more flexible as you are busy with exams / coursework. There is time to add in the rest of the banian when your schedule lets up a bit. If you can cover your head with anything while on the train, that's better than nothing. . If you can't cover your head, don't feel guilty, even doing what you are doing is very good. The main point in meditation is to relax and focus your mind....and remember If you take one step towards the Guru, the Guru takes a million steps towards you.