Dharna'S From Our Youth...

Growing up, life was all fun and i don't remember much, except when i was sent to India at the age of 5 to live with my great-grandmother who was reluctant to leave our "Haweli" in the pind and only came to states during like special occasions with her and Great-Grandpa (ie weddings etc) ... Amazingly, from Year 0 thru 14, it seems like there are only few memories i could recall fully and they all happen to be the time spent in India. When she passed away, I came back home to US with my great-grand father and forever locked that Haweli, and never looked back...

Now that i am all grown up (LoL), lately i have been thinking a lot about that pind, friends i made (where will they be, what will they be doing), and most importantly of my great-grandma and the Dharan's she used to sing to me before i went to bed and the friends i made while i was there...

My life was anything but ordinary for an American born kid, went to sarkari school in iind, rode majj's, bath in shapar, went for a swim at "sua", almost never wore chapal, messed with master ji's motorcycle, and who could forget pind's lala ji's saudey di dukan and pind's so called doctor lol... and many more memories...

The reason for this post is because years have passed since these days and over-time i forgot the songs my great-grandma used to sing and so devotedly made sure i remember them... I would appreciate if someone here could help me recalling... I asked around and no one at gurdwara seems to know... probably because very few people knew or saw or lived with their great-grandma's or are from pinds...

The one i did really like to know went something like this:-

1.) Chakian te peesan sat kartar, babar de kail khaney...

Also, If you do know something similar to this Dharna... PLEASE POST!! Thank you. I want to compile all the ones my great-grandma used to sing or perhaps more...

Hope you find people to help you compile the songs again! Good luck veer ji!

I think this would be appropriate:

smile.gif

All things aside, i love that song :) I think a trip to India is looooong overdue... maybe i can make time this summer