Is This Acceptable?

Khalasthan86

25 members have voted

1. 1. ACCEPTABLE?

• YESSSSSSS
    • NOOOOO

Even that was wrong. There's no need to look upwards in-front of so many people.

Yeah! And those girls that don't fixedly look at the floor when blokes are around.....and....make sure you're sitting down for this......look them straight in the face! <gosh!!> :o

Complete slappers, the lot of them!

WJKK WJKF

Very bad language from immature people now. Why would one need to be sitting down to read or hear what u said, if u said that in front of one, you'd probably be the one getting the complete slap.

Grow up and learn something in life instead of being rebellious, learn something, be a sikh. Sikhia is very important for you.

Warning! Someone is having an acute sense of humour failure.

I was making the comments tongue in cheek!

I wish I never bothered now.

WJKK WJKF

No you wasnt paaji u was trying to be chust, and anybody reading that would be offending, but suppose you can insult anybody as you know everything.

warning ji, and mera comment vi thapar on cheek c, par twada humour failure na hojave ji....but u know what ur not worth the bother either, its not ur fault, u just need some learning to do dear.

Nothing wrong going on, even if it's not my cup of tea. Some of you guys would scare away anyone who wanted to know about Sikhi. Also, as one Singh mentioned above, those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones....

Sometimes whether we see something as good or bad is more a reflection of our own inner state than reality. Whether or not something is 'acceptable' is also usually a personal view - many of us would find very high speed, loud, almost violent kirtan or simran unacceptable etc.

Chill:

ਮਃ ੫ ॥

Ma 5 ||

ਨਾਨਕ ਸਤਿਗੁਰਿ ਭੇਟਿਐ ਪੂਰੀ ਹੋਵੈ ਜੁਗਤਿ ॥

Naanak Sathigur Bhaettiai Pooree Hovai Jugath ||

O Nanak, meeting the True Guru, one comes to know the Perfect Way.

ਹਸੰਦਿਆ ਖੇਲੰਦਿਆ ਪੈਨੰਦਿਆ ਖਾਵੰਦਿਆ ਵਿਚੇ ਹੋਵੈ ਮੁਕਤਿ ॥੨॥

Hasandhiaa Khaelandhiaa Painandhiaa Khaavandhiaa Vichae Hovai Mukath ||2||

While laughing, playing, dressing and eating, he is liberated. ||2||

Matheen you have butchered the Shabad. The original posters video and what you say above in your own writing do not at all match to what the Shabad is saying. I'm present another shabad, but before I do. Lets see what this shabad is saying. The Shabad starts off by saying meeting Maharaj the life of a Gursikh has been blessed to me. Throughout Gurbani we listen and read the words playing with Sri Waheguru ji Maharaj, laughing with Sri Waheguru ji Maharaj in the sense of performing, honest living, selfless service and where does this selfless service and honest living come from; Reading, listen, and singing Gurbani. Futher, Satguru ji says meditate on my naam 24/7, without and stoppage. Satguru ji is calling the practice of naam 24/7 as laughing, playing, dressing and eating. If you disagree then lets do it the way many intrepret this shabad. What they do is forget to meditate on the first part and jump to the last line of the shabad. So the last line of the shabad becomes the first line and the first line where Maharaj says, O Nanak meeting the True Guru, One comes to know the Perfect Way, becomes the last line. When you read the shabad wrong then the original posters video and what you said becomes correct. But Maharaj did not write it this way and he said first find know the perfect path and then you will know what true laughing and playing, etc is. If your still not seeing what is being said, then let's look at another shabad, which reinforces the idea that honest living, selfless service, and meditating is the laughing and playing.

This solak by Satguru Sri Guru Arjan Dev Ji Maharaj is speaking to those that laugh, and playing in like in the video by the original poster and anything else worldly.

This Shabad is by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Gauree on Pannaa 261

sloku ]

salok ||

Salok:

Kwq pIq Kylq hsq Brmy jnm Anyk ]

khaath peeth khaelath hasath bharamae janam anaek ||

Eating, drinking, playing and laughing, I have wandered through countless incarnations.

Bvjl qy kwFhu pRBU nwnk qyrI tyk ]1]

bhavajal thae kaadtahu prabhoo naanak thaeree ttaek ||1||

Please, God, lift me up and out of the terrifying world-ocean. Nanak seeks Your Support. ||1||

The Shabad you presented is by Satguru Sri Guru Arjan Dev ji Maharaj and so is this one, I presented. In the way you are looking at it and the way many look at the shabad so they can go on laughing and playing into worldly desires, is saying Guru Sahib contradicted himself. Those that dance to dirty music or dance at all don't know the Guru's path. Gurbani never made anyone dance. And if you have Gurbani 24/7 playing in your mind (which is the Satguru's hukam) then what is going to make you move to perform bhangra or other dances?

WJKK WJKF

No you wasnt paaji u was trying to be chust, and anybody reading that would be offending, but suppose you can insult anybody as you know everything.

warning ji, and mera comment vi thapar on cheek c, par twada humour failure na hojave ji....but u know what ur not worth the bother either, its not ur fault, u just need some learning to do dear.

Okay, so the humour didn't come off. I accept that. It wasn't designed to offend but make a point about excessive jugdmentalism in a humorous way. If I offended you, then I have to accept it may have been in bad taste. But you too need to lighten up. Trying to use a bit of wit to make a point doesn't make one slyly 'chust'.

And believe you me, I don't believe I know everything. The only thing I do know, is that I know little in the grand scheme of things.

But you are right, I have got a lot of learn, I believe most of us always will have. Unless we are blessed to become brahm gianis.

Addition: I realise some of that wry Brit humour may have rubbed off on me over the years. I apologise for any offence. Please accept these apologies. I will try to be a bit more sensitive in future, but it is difficult for me to draw that line between humour and offense. I was trying satirise the excessive restrictions on some sisters with the exaggerated comment about the 'inappropriateness' of simply looking at someone in the face.

Again, please accept my apologies if this caused you offense.

WJKK WJKF

Its ok paji apology accepted, the thing is when somebody writes something its difficult to understand what they are saying from what point of view, and that comment was very offensive because of the way it was written, regardless of how a female is, it shouldnt be used on a forum as this, otherwise u will get comments made back as mine, and it causes hatred and starts fights.

we need to be more careful as what we write on the forums, as there a people from other faiths too reading them and it does not portray a good image of ours.

Even is a female looks a male in the face inappropiately does not give the right to name call. that in my opnion is very immature, and paaji instead of slandering somebody it is always wise to either educate or to walk away quietly. We need our girls to stick within our faith and not to wonder off to others coz they feel threatened.

Its 2011 and the world has changed so much that there is no discipline or morals left, and nowadays youngsters dont like to be preached to or "told off" as to say.

They will go where they feel comfortable and torn away from their roots. We should at least be grateful if one is speaking punjabi nowadays, as nobody is perfect, we all need to learn including myself and not argue, as our gurus told us way before there will come a time when there will be fighting and divisions within our faith, and that same thing is happening right now.

We need to save our faith not let it be ruined by fighting.

thankuji

WJKK WJKF

Yes bhenji this is wat our gurus said, everybody seems to be having their own way of sikhism, own rules, differences in the faith, etc etc. the list is endless.

This is why so many are confused, and I being the first to put my hand up, am totally confused as I am uk born and never even knew there were so many divisions, until I started researching.

I always used to think, even now there is God and as long as u do ur path u will be ok...