Old Baba From Coventry

Guest daas

I am actually from Coventry and can confirm that this baba has been approached by all the major gurdwaras and various sevadaars from the youth over the years and he does not want any help. The gurdwaras have contacted his family and he does not accept help from them either. The reason he wanders the streets and refuses help is because of personal,family problems that he has been through. He has been receiving medical care with regards to his mental state. This baba is a regular at all the main gurdwaras and is well known to the sangat of Coventry. We can only help him if he is willing to accept our help.As for these so called 'Sikhs' on here who are commenting negatively about the Coventry sangat and laughing at him perhaps you should being doing ardas so that his depression and mental state improves. This could happen to any one of us in our lives so dont be an internet warrior and think you are clever.

Thank you for replying, I did not know the gurdwareh approached him, glad they have done so in the past. Well it is sad that he doesnt not want any help, pretty upsetting but chall his choice. I shall speak to him still and see how he is and once again like in the past offer a friendly hand in support if he needs it.

I actually went yesterday night trying to look for him late night as I usually spot him near tesco express in thw town around 10ish but I couldn't find him just the day I go looking for him i cant find him, the day I am not looking for him hes there, luck ey?

But once again thank you for your reply means a lot to me knowing people have offered him help. I shall inform the contact I have at Khalsa Aid regarding this and still try to approach the baba and see if he wishes help.

dhanvad.

Guest COV SIKH

Thank you for replying, I did not know the gurdwareh approached him, glad they have done so in the past. Well it is sad that he doesnt not want any help, pretty upsetting but chall his choice. I shall speak to him still and see how he is and once again like in the past offer a friendly hand in support if he needs it.

I actually went yesterday night trying to look for him late night as I usually spot him near tesco express in thw town around 10ish but I couldn't find him just the day I go looking for him i cant find him, the day I am not looking for him hes there, luck ey?

But once again thank you for your reply means a lot to me knowing people have offered him help. I shall inform the contact I have at Khalsa Aid regarding this and still try to approach the baba and see if he wishes help.

dhanvad.

No problem , if you want to find him then the best places to look are around the city centre in the bus stops - he sits in these. Or in the evening after 10pm he is always walking along Foleshill Road from the direction of the city centre toward Nanaksar gurdwara, Rhamgharia gurdwara and Singh Sabha gurdwara cross roads - all along the foleshill road and again he sits in the bus stops along foleshill road. good luck

• 5 weeks later...

Completly off-topic, this topic is to raise awareness about a 60 year old singh who is homeless in coventry and how can we help him! create another topic if you wish to discuss other things.

hi im from coventry, i know who your onabout ive seen this baba, i always see him when i finish work in the evenings, i feel sorry for him too! its just we dont know what has happened or what he has done, im sure we can somehow help him? :(

hi im from coventry, i know who your onabout ive seen this baba, i always see him when i finish work in the evenings, i feel sorry for him too! its just we dont know what has happened or what he has done, im sure we can somehow help him? :(

Funny you should bring this up...actally today I asked him when I saw him around 10pm if he wished to have something to eat I would be happy to buy him something, he said he is fine and he told me not to worry about him, hard to hear that but he doesnt want any help, he didnt want any help when I asked him about if he needed any help with living etc but he refused, so we should just let him be.

What can we do when he refuses help, maharaj shall look over him hopefully and make sure nothing bad happens to him!

akaal