Recording Of Chandi Di Vaar Needed

Guest chandi

yea, chandi di vaar, or any dasam di bani for that matter is like playing with fire, not smart thing to do, unless you know the required rehat. its not one of those banis you can read anytime you want, whenever you feel like it. theres certain times, and certain rehat that such banis.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

i am bit of a newbie to Dasam Grant Banis but why is there a rehat for this

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

umm im not stupid i dont want to say this in hunkar but im not a newbie to sikhi...im a hardcore taksali..

i noe the maryada for doing chandi di vaar...

reading dasam bani is not dangerous stop spreading rumours...

basically r u saying reading jaap sahib and tav prasad savay or chaupi sahib is dangerous?

puratan singhs used to recite chandi di vaar all the time...

How can we not recite this bani. It is integral part of our life. This bani was recited

by Guru Gobind Singh Ji during Vasakhi at Kesgarh Sahib ( ANandPur Sahib)

ਬਹੁੜ ਸੱਵਯ ਬੱਤੀ ਉਚਾਰੇ, ਸ੍ਰੀ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖ ਸਵਾਰੇ

ਤੇਜ ਤੇਜ ਜੋ ਚੰਡੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਸਊ ਪਾਹੁਲ ਏ ਮੱਧੈ ਠਾਣੀ॥੯॥

- Then (before the preparation of Khandi Di Pahul) Sri SatGuru Ji recited the 33 swayaas

he then recited Chandi Di Vaar reciting each verse faster and faster ( with full vigor)

- Sri Guru Panth Parkaash

Meaning before the Amrit Sanchar began Guru Sahib recited the following Banis ( 33 swayaas, and Chandi DI Vaar).

When reciting Chandi Di Vaar the Khand of Naam was in full swing/speed and thus Guru Sahib recited each verse faster and faster in BIr RAAS as he progressed through each pauri; thus, after this benti preparation of Amrit Naam was ready to be made.

After first Khandi Ki Pahul- Amrit Sachar, Guru Sahib told every Gursikh to recite Chandi di Vaar everyday.

This was the orders given to Bhai Daya Singh Ji who was the first person to take Amrit on Vasakhi.

ਕੱਛ ਸਵੇਤ ਔਰ ਨੀਲ ਪਟ, ਜਪੁ ਅਰੁ ਜਾਪੁ ਓੁਚਾਰ

ਸ੍ਰੀ ਅਕਾਲ ਉਸਤਤਿ ਕਰੇ, ਚੰਡੀ ਕੰਠ ਸੁਧਾਰਿ ।

- With white kashera, and blue Chola recite Jap and Jaap.

Praise Sri Akal ,and recite Chandi Di Vaar through memory.

Bhai Daya Singh Ji rehatnama

So in the past it is evident that this Bani was included in the Amrit Sanchar and is meant to be part of the Gursikhs life.

Every Singh in the past added this bani in their Nitnem.Here is another account of Guru Sahib giving orders to recite

Chandi Di Vaar everyday. If it is Gurus Hukum to recite this bani then how can we avoid it. Hukums are not meant for all Sikhs not some Sikhs.

ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਪੜੈਯੋ, ਜਪੁ ਜਾਪੁ ਦੁਇ ਵੇਲੇ ਜਪੈਯੋ

ਔੌਰ ਅਨੰਦ ਰਹਿਰਾਸ ਜਪਯੋ, ਚੰਡੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਖੜੇ ਪੜੈਯੋ

Read Gurbani. Recite Jap andJaap twice a day. Recite

Anand Sahib and Rehars. Recite Chandi Di Vaar while standing.

Bhai Rattan Singh- Sri Guru Panth Parkaash

If it is Guru Sahibs Hukum ( order) to recite this bani is there any reason not to recite it? Nihangs are not the only people

who recite this Bani. Most Gurmukhs in the past recited this bani. For example, Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Ji , Sant Attar Singh Ji, Baba Harnam Singh jI etc also recite this bani.

Another Singh from Cali was mentioning to me that this bani has so much Shakti that one you recite it you

shouldnt be idle. You should do Naam Abhyiaas after wards or recite Bani from Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Baba Nihal Singh Ji mentions Singhs practice the maryada of reciting JapJi Sahib or panj Bania

before reciting this bani , and mentions Puratan Singhs would stand while reciting this bani.

From the beginning of time there has been a battle between "good" vs "evil".

Battles can get bloody and have a devastating psychological effect on the

people who fight the battles. How many modern cases do we hear about

" Post Traumatic Stress Disorder" or "Post War Syndrome"? The thought

and scene of death can trigger many mental diseases which make life

difficult to cope with.Due to Guru Sahibs blessings, us Gursikhs have many Banis which make

us accept death as Gods will. Chandi Di Vaar is one if then and is a great blessing.

Guru paints such a morbid picture of death at the same time he praises bravery to the

warriors who confront death head on. Many of the puratan Singhs would recite this bani

to inspire bravery in the battlefield. If we add this bani in our nitnem then slowly by slowly one begins to

accept death and no longer fears it. THis is one of reasons Guru Sahib has told his Gursikhs to recite Chandi Di Vaar on

a daily basis as part of our conduct.

taken from gurmatbibek.com

KILLLLEDDDDD IT :)HAHHAHAHAHAHHA :waheguru:

Guest chandi

lol i already noe that those recordings exist...

there is also recordings from bhai mahatab singh

but if u read my question carefullly i wanted a recording of bhai jarnail singh jee DDT and no one else....... y? b/c bhai jarnail singh has really shud ucharan thats y i want there recording so if anybody has it plz let me know thanks

Guest guest

vjkkvjkf, completely agree with pal o7, having had sangat of people who, like the above think its ok to read everyday - in the long run it messes them up (already has) but they themselves dont realise this.

Bani isnt a joke, dont use quotes to back up stuff you have no experience off, ask mahapursh's if in doubt, vjkkvjkf.

lol i already noe that those recordings exist...

there is also recordings from bhai mahatab singh

but if u read my question carefullly i wanted a recording of bhai jarnail singh jee DDT and no one else....... y? b/c bhai jarnail singh has really shud ucharan thats y i want there recording so if anybody has it plz let me know thanks

you seem to know everythign my friend. there is no recording of chandi di vaar from bhai jarnail singh.

and if your a hardcore taksali, you wouldnt need any recordings, as all hardcore taksali singhs are supposed to have shud ucharan's

you have posted a big long post explaining what puratan singhs used to in nitnem and how bani is part of our lives.

puratan singhs didnt used to have facebook. puratan singhs didnt watch tv. puratan singhs didnt play video games. puratan singhs didnt have gf's. puratan singhs didnt even have cell phones.

all these things combined made that puratan life possible. this is why puratan singhs were who they were, cuz of the type of life they lived, away from all this <banned word filter activated> we are stuck in today.

its easy talkign about puratan singhs, hard to follow that path. but i supposed you already know this, cuz your a hardcore taksali.

excuse me

stop dissing the taksali singh

he ddnt say anything bad in this detailed answer. He could have made an ID called hardcore taksali singh and then ask for the recordings. He ddnt mention anyting about who he is and jatha he belongs to until you questioned him. As we do nitnem of 3 dasam banies why do we have to be so scared reading or listening chandi di vaar. I agree that we should follow the maryada if there is any specific for Chandi Di vaar. You guys instead have mentioned the maryada. We cannot judge the spiritual level of any poster and we cannot just tell him to stay away from dasam bani when 3 baania are from SRI Dasam Granth Sahib.

you claim to be a hardcore taxali so that means that you must have been very rigorously minted in the true taxsal of sadh sangat?? just becoming a Sikh is very difficult.

i suggest you listen, study and practice Gurbani for at least 20 years. Leave Chandi alone she wont be happy when your ears are listening/reading Chandi Ki vaar yet your eyes and mind are interested in more dirty (Asur) things.

TRUST ME YOU NEED A LOT OF KAMAYEE BEFORE READING THIS BANI - OTHERWISE IT IS DANGEROUS AND YOU WON'T GET THE BAKSHISH FROM THEN BANI

Pal I really like this answer and it makes sense to me but I am only confused about the way how you are referring chandi. please explain more about who chandi is exactly? isnt it Waheguru it self? So why we cannot treat it as like all other banies of guru granth sahib ji when those banies are given GuruShip, Why is even more respect and more cautiousness is required for chandi. I am not against dasam bani because I knw some people will start pointing out this thing. I am in favor of giving as much as respect to gurbani/dasam bani/guru sahib / guru darbar or anything related to guru sahib and respecting chandi more is not even bothering me. We shud be respecting gurbani/dasam bani more and more and moreeeeeeeeeeee

I am simply asking for reason and I am really excited to knw.

I am sorry if I talked too much to ask a simple question but I like to make things clear in first time so that people dnt start pickin things and keep questioning which is very normal on forums.

bhul chuk di maafi

this topic is getting out of hand, and we are all contributing to that, including me. i dont think we need to be the maryada police, espeically not online anyway. if somebody is ready or not to do something, weather they follow maryada or not, comes down to them personally. so sitting behind our computer screens, we dont know who does what and who is at wat level of understanding. everybody posted valid points, but this topic is about an audio file, nothing else. if some of us really feel the need to discuss other matters, i think seperate threads can easily be made.

to the original poster: no, there is no such recording of chandi di vaar by bhai jarnail singh ji ddt.

end of discussion.