Is It Unmanly To Be Emotional And Shed Tears While Watching A Devotional Movie ?

I was watching movie "Bhakta prahlada" which aired on a hindu channel . I started crying at the parts when his father keeps him in jail and vishnu comes in disguise of prahlad's mother in jail to cuddle prahlad . He feeds him in his lap and makes him go sleep . What is emotional here is how god takes so much care of his devotees ! Then , how God saved prahlada when harnaakash wanted to get him killed by throwing him down a cliff , drowning in sea , throwing in fire , crushing under elephant's feet but the child was not afraid . He is always cheerful .

Such a small kid can have so much faith in God in such difficult circumstances , but we feel faltered in trivial problems in life . What made my eyes even more tearful is child's devotion and how God ordered vishnu to take avatar of narsingha to save his devotee . So much we can learn ! I don't really cry over every emotional movie , except the one's that touch my heart !

When I was a kid I use to watch - like many others on this website I'm sure - Mahabharata. I reckon I must've been about 9 or 10 when it was being broadcast.

The one moment which really got to me was when the mother of the Pandavas went to Karna and begged him not to kill any of her 5 sons. Eventually she tells Karna that she is his mother and she gave him up when he was a baby. When he asks her why she didn't come with fanfare to meet her eldest son and take him home with her, that scene was just too much for me, lol. He basically guilt trips her and asks her why did she allow him to insult his sister-in-law (Draupadi) and allow the hatred between him and Arjuna to escalate. You really felt for Karna who knew that his mother cared more for her Pandavas than she did for her illegitimate child. Yet he still didn't refuse his mother's request. For a cheapo Indian soap, it was pretty good acting.

Only years later in my late teens / early twenties did I realise that the Mahabharata was Hindu propaganda, but as a kid I thought it was pretty cool.

When I was a kid I use to watch - like many others on this website I'm sure - Mahabharata. I reckon I must've been about 9 or 10 when it was being broadcast.

The one moment which really got to me was when the mother of the Pandavas went to Karna and begged him not to kill any of her 5 sons. Eventually she tells Karna that she is his mother and she gave him up when he was a baby. When he asks her why she didn't come with fanfare to meet her eldest son and take him home with her, that scene was just too much for me, lol. He basically guilt trips her and asks her why did she allow him to insult his sister-in-law (Draupadi) and allow the hatred between him and Arjuna to escalate. You really felt for Karna who knew that she cared more for her Pandavas than she did for her illegitimate child. Yet he still didn't refuse his mother's request. For a cheapo Indian soap, it was pretty good acting.

Only years later in my late teens / early twenties did I realise that the Mahabharata was Hindu propaganda, but as a kid I thought it was pretty cool.

But , Prahlada is a revered bhagat in Sikhi also . He is mentioned around 26 times in SGGS , and at many places considered a prime example of bhagat .

Also , please don't change the course of the topic . sorry if I said something wrong

But , Prahlada is a revered bhagat in Sikhi also . He is mentioned around 26 times in SGGS , and at many places considered a prime example of bhagat .

Also , please don't change the course of the topic . sorry if I said something wrong

What are you talking about? You asked for an example of when sangat shed a tear in the context of watching a religious TV programme / movie (or welled up in my example) and I gave you one.

By signing off with a clarifying statement wasn't an attempt to "change the course of the topic". I guess I'll know not to contribute to one of your threads next time. Jeez.

What are you talking about? You asked for an example of when sangat shed a tear in the context of watching a religious TV programme / movie (or welled up in my example) and I gave you one.

By signing off with a clarifying statement wasn't an attempt to "change the course of the topic". I guess I'll know not to contribute to one of your threads next time. Jeez.

Eyeroll.png Why are people so rude against me ? *sigh *

Guest RavindaSingh

cos u was talkin about one thing and brought up another when u got an example :)

Toughen up. Our quoms got to face tough times ahead. I don't think it's the time for excessive sentimentality? Plus people may confuse your sensitivity for emasculation. We have too much of that already. Try not to add to it, even accidentally.

I don't mean to offend you, so please don't take it that way. It's just a heads up.

Guest RavindaSingh

lool dalsingh101 hit the nail on the head bare singho need to man up and be sikhs of Guru sahib like back in the day :allears: