Vairaag Shatak 66/74

KABITT

"CHANCHLA KO MATT CHITT CHANCHAL KARAT CHITT.

CHANCHLA KO CHEEN CHITT CHANCHLA KE VATT HAIH.

BHOOPAN KI BHRIKUTI <banned word filter activated> HAIH MAIH BAAR BADHU VATT.

GATTAGATT KE BAPARR VICH VICHRATT HAIH.

KANSHI JHOO KI BEETHAN KE JHOOTHAN MAIH DHAAM.

GRAAMH TAHKEH DVAREH ATTOH ODH KANTHA MORR MATT HAIH.

TATEH PAAN PAATAR PAREH BHIKYIA TASOH PRAAN DAREH.

KAMLA KI RATT LOKH KAMLA KARAT HAIH."{65}.

Chanchla=goods that cause the mind to stray. Istri=female.Bijli=flash of lightning. Khin bhangar=short lived. Matt=do not. Chit=toremember , acquire knowledge of. Vatt=on a par with. Barbadhu=prostitute.Gattagatt=coming and going. Vicharat=moving. Beethan =alleyways etc.

Jhoothan=vast amounts. Attoh=wander around. Odh=to wear.Kantha=particular shawl worn by hermits. Ramat=wandering around. Paan=hand.Kamla=maya=materialism. Ratt=preeti=devotion. Kamla=fool.

1. Do not focus on material pleasures since the focus onsuch cause the straying of the mind! Oh mind! look at the electricity of flashlightning , all material pleasures are short lived in this way.

2. In the metaphorical hermitage of eyebrows of the kingsthese material goods come and go like a prostitute doing business.

3. In the thick of the villages of Kanshi there are houses ,wear the godhri{hermits coat} and wander around those houses this is my sikhyia{guidance} to you {to his own mind}.

4. Whatever donations you receive from these such houses ,use that to feed yourself and do not chase material pleasures because thepreeti {love/devotion} of materialism has turned people into fools.{65}.

DOHRA

"SRI HAR KE SRI HAR PURI VANARAS KOH VAAS.

JEEVAT BHUGAT MUKAT MAREH KAREH CHAHOH CHITTTAAS."{66}.

Sri=maya=materialism. Har=isha=desire. Har ke = therenunciation of. Sri=with sobha=dignity. Har=Shiv Ji. Vaanaras=Kaanshi.Bhugat=the acquisition of pleasures. Taas=to them.

Heh mann! {oh mind} Do the tiagh {renunciation} of thedesire for materialism , and make you abode in the dignified area of Shiv Jii.e. Kaanshi. That place gives many pleasures and after death gives liberation.Heh mann! {oh mind} yearn for that place.{66}.

KABITT

"UPBANOH MADDH SIDDH BHOJAN BIBADH TAPP.

BRIDH HOOH TEH BRIDH JAAS MEH PRADHAAN HAIH.

PATALL KOPEEN HEE KE APRMAAN PATT NEEKOH.

BHEEK HEEH KOH RAMNEEKOH RATNOH PRAMAAN HAIH.

CHAAR KHAANI PRAANI JAAMEH MARR KE NA FAER JAAMEH.

AAVEH DIGH TAMEH MANGAL SAMAAN HAIH.

SHODH AISEE KANSHI KAISEH SUDHI AUR TAUR BAISEH.

KAISEH BHAE DEV JAMM HAASI KOH SADHAAN HAIH."{67}.

Upp=sameep=near. Siddh=those which have been given up. Bibidh=different ways of engaging in/practice of etc. Pattal=cloth.Kopeen=langoti=tied around the waist. Aprmaan=without example. Patt=cloth.Neeko=beautiful. Ramneeko=is beautiful. Ratneh=for wandering. Chaar khaani= thefour methods of birth i.e. from eggs/sweat/earth etc. Jaameh = in which. Jaameh=are born. Mritt=death. Mangal=kushi=happiness. Sudhi=superior intellect.

1. There is an abundance of ready friuts/vegetables etc. forconsumption. One should eat these fruits/vegetable and engage in attempting tocontrol one's vices. Kaanshi is famous place for such activity.

2. The sareer {body} should be covered with just a kopeen{something simple} , loin cloth. Only simple cloth is approved of and only thewandering around for donations is considered pleasant.

3. The jeevs {beings} ot the four khaani {produced fromeggs/sweat/ground etc. attain mukti {liberation} after death in Kaanshi i.e. donot endure rebirths and deaths. When maut {death} comes near one here , it is amatter of joy rather than pain.

4. By abandoning such a place why would theintellectual/wise person sit anywhere else? {rhetorical question}. Theresidents of this place do not fear devteh {angels} or jamm {grim reapers}since these people break away from their karam jaal {shackles of committeddeeds etc.}. The devteh are not mukt {liberated either} and such yearn formukti via Naam. The person residing in this Kaanshi endures the simplepleasures in life whilst on the road to liberation , thus avoiding narak{hell/torment}.{67}.

DOHRA

"AGHYEH TAJHAIH BANARSI TAUO NA KHED KASH MOHEH.

TAJEH SUJANN LAKH MUKT PRADH DUSEH DUKH MAMMHOIHEH."{68}.

Aghyeh=aghyani=be-samajh=ignorant. Khed=dukh=torment.Sujann=decent person. Pradh=something that gives rise to.Duseh=extreme/unbearable torment. Hoiheh=is happening.

Heh mann! {oh mind} If an ignorant person was to renouncesuch a place as Kaanshi I would have no remorse/pain/torment , but when adecent/wise/knowledgeable person knows full well the merits of such a place andthen proceeds to abandon it then thetorment/pain of this realisation is unbearable for me. {68}.

DOHRA

"RE MANN TU TOH TIAGH JISS MUKT DVAAR HAR DVAAR.

SIMMAR SARAT SAMRAAR TAHEH JAGG JEEVAN DINNCHAAR."{69}.

Jiss=no. Har dvaar=the place of Shiv Ji=Kaanshi. Sa-Rat=withdevotion. Samrar= samar=aheh=The enemy of the dhent {demon} samar , i.e. ShivJi.

Heh Mann! {Oh mind} Do not do the tiagh {abandon} of thedoor of mukti {liberation} i.e. Kaanshi , but rather do the devotion with greatlove of this place and Shiv Ji because the worldly life span is only four days{very short}.{69}.

KABITT

"BHOOTAN KI CHAIHEH KARE KAIHEH CHITT JAIHEH GHAREHGHAIH.

SHARREE DHAAR HAREH SATKAR JOT HAIH.

NAH RE EH KAAL MAHEEPAL GUR MATTE MAIHEH.

AJEH SAMOH NAHIH NARMAIHEH SUKHI SOHT HAIH.

SUNNEH BAINN TEREH JABB KRODH NAIN HEREH PRABH.

JAH KAE PAURR AISEH KAUDEH VAAK KO UDHOT HAIH.

SHORR TAKEH PAURR DAURR MOKH TAUR KAANSHI MAHIH.

DHVANAH NA KAHTOR JAHAH DAURAPP AGHOT HAIH."{70}.

Chaiheh=Desires. Sharidaar=gatekeeper. Hare=the destructionof. Satkar=respect. Jot=kranti=uprising. Kaal=time/era. Maheepal=king.

Gurmateh=advice/issues etc. Narnaiheh=king. Soht=asleep.Hareh=will be seen. Udhot=are discovered. Paurr=darvaaja=doorway. Daurr=gorunning to. Dhvannah=voice/noise. Dhaurrap=gatekeeper. Aghott=from the front.

1. Heh mann! {oh mind} Why do you go to palaces of the kingswith the desire for acquiring wealth? The gatekeeper of the king's palacediminishes your satkar {respect} , the result of which the ktanti {glow} of youface becomes dull.

2. The chobdaar {gatekeeper} says "you stupid fool!this is no time for mulakaat {meeting} because the king is in deep discussionwith his ministers" and upon the second visit the gatekeeper informs methat the king is in a deep pleasant sleep i.e. cannot meet with him.

3. Upon hearing your words the king will look at you withkrodh {anger} filled eyes , the hurtful words and disrespect that I will endurefrom the doorway of the kings.

4. Abandon these doorways of the kings palaces forthwith andrun to take shelter in mukti {liberation} giving Kaasnshi , a place where thereis no gatekeeper to utter harsh words.{70}.

DOHRA

"APRMAAAN AANAND PRADH PUNA JANAM JEH HAAN.

BASOH MANNA ANAND BANN TADDH NRIPP KRIPPANSATHAN."{71}.

Aprmaan=beant=limitless. Pradh=giver. Haan=after death.

The place where there is limitless bliss and givesliberation after death i.e. eliminates rebirths and deaths. Heh mann! {Oh mind}Do the tiagh {abandon} of shoom {tight fisted} kings and do the vaasa {takingresidence} in that blissful state of Kaanshi.{71}.

DOHRA

"DHAEY SIKHYA BHOOP JOH MANN AAPAN KO SAAR.

YAH SIKHYA URR MORR MAEH SADHA BASSEH KARTAR."{72}.

This superior sikhya {guidance/wisdom} that Rajah Bhartharihas given unto himself.

Heh Kartar! {the creator} May this subh{pure/superior/pleasant} sikhya {teachings} stay in my hirdah {heart} at all times , please do this kirpa{blessing}.{72}.

DOHRA

"ALANGH BHART VAIRAAG KOH PRITHAM DHAIYE ANOOP.

SVAMM SIKH KO SIKH MATT DAEY SVAAM SAMM BHOOP."{73}.

Alangh=completed. Bhart vairaag= Bharthari Har's vairaagshatak. Anoop=Utterly beautiful. Svaeh=own self. Svaam=Guru.

The first adhaiy {chapter} of the utterly beautiful vairaagshatak of Bharthari Har has been completed , in which Bharthari Ji gives sikhya{teachings} in the form of Guru to the metaphoricalstudent mann {mind} of him self.{73}.

ITT PRATHAM ADHAIY{1}. {END OF FIRST CHAPTER}.