Blogs/Websites Slander & Sikhism

Gurfateh Ji

I have noticed a lot of BLOGS & Websites being created to "BRING TO LIGHT" the so called mistakes, wrong doings or belief issues of fellow Sikhs within our own communities. I can see this becoming a very common occurrence within the global Sikh community and I am fearful that it is going to cause further hate and divisions within our already fragile communities.

Please don't get me wrong, I can see the need for such BLOGS/Websites in very rare circumstances, where FACTS are presented properly, not just uploading publically available images/videos and then writing descriptions of your choice!

WHAT IS A FAKE BLOG/WEBSITE?

1. Publically available images/videos are used

2. Media used on site does not prove or backup the accusations

3. No factual information backing the authors claim such as newspaper reports, television/video recordings or statements made by senior/professional persons

4. Author remains anonymous/hidden and has not disclosed his/her contact details or identity

5. The accused haven't clearly not gone against Sikhs beliefs as stated by the Akaal Takhat

EXAMPLE:

TeresaMother.jpg

"Sadh Sangat ji please stay away from this woman known as Mother Teresa, she organises dodgy parties, drinks alcohol, smokes drugs, kidnaps children, beats and intimidates young gursikh"

WHAT ARE LEGITMIATE BLOGS/WEBSITES?

1. Exclusive images/videos are used

2. Media used accurately supports & proves any accusations

3. Factual information has been presented clearly with references to sites, journals and persons

4. Author of the BLOG/WEBSITE has not remained anonymous and has made his/her contact details/identity available online. (Name, Email, Telephone, Address & Photo)

5. The accused have clearly gone against Sikh beliefs as stated by the Akaal Takhat

IF ACTION IS REQUIRED AGAINST A PERSON OR A GROUP OF SIKHS, HOW SHOULD WE AS THE GURUS SIKHS GO ABOUT THIS?

1. Go and confront this person or group of Sikhs yourself and talk about the problem

2. Request 5 Singh's to visit the person or group of Sikhs

3. Organise an open community discussion and request the presence of the accused

4. Request the involvement of the Akaal Takhat

MESSAGE TO THE BLOGGERS/WHISTLEBLOWERS!

The sadh sangat are not as stupid as you think, please refrain from such acts and use your time & efforts on more positive seva.

Though i think this is of good intent , I don't think this will happen as most people who post blogs and slander do it trying to conceal his or her identity. Just ignore those who write to slander and simply create information with proof to counter whatever nonsense they write...

I did a small test the other day to see how long it takes me to create a BLOG and it took me under 5 minutes. So if we where to create a FAKE SLANDERING BLOG every 5 minutes we would have 288 a day, 2016 a week, 8064 a month and 96768 a year!

This would mean that theoretically every Sikh person in the UK would have a slandering BLOG against their name in under two years! VAHEGURU