THE MYSTIC WARRIOR

THE MYSTIC WARRIOR

Author: dh (---.home.cgocable.net)

Date: 07-14-04 14:41

Midnight I awaken to amrit vela with my Guru ji.

Do ishnaan feeling the cool water in my kesh as the warm Naam inside feels warms me, illuminating my surroundings.

The amazing pangs of the Gurshabad race in heart as with every Saans the Gurmantar is repeated. In and out with every with every breath the pangs of Waheguru glow inside , the blood is racing around my body but the glow has a complete calmness in the mind, as I float above the fields, drifting in his immense glory. Pyar shines out of my soul, and my eyes lay there helplessly on the floor. All I see is Pyar, all I see is Sach.

The day of the battle has come. In front of me stands the enemies of my Guru, Mere Shahen Shah. Some people say to me that I should feel scared. But why is that. Fear of death is something I do not recognise. What is there to be afraid of? I am not going to go before the Dharam raj, the jamdhoots are not coming for me, I am not going into the cycle of death. I am a khalsa, I died the day I took amrit. I left all my Aaases and Ommedas . I wanted no power or mukti, but to place my head at the charan of my Sahib. It is his service that my life body and soul is. All I see, all I recognise is the sweet taste of that Amrit awaiting me there on the battlefield. I can taste it now as I did earlier in the Darbar sahib. I need more, every pore on my body pines. I thirst for more. I see it there.

I run forward, in front of me I see a man, in his heart I see hatred, but I think he looks amazing, my heart fills with warm love for him. As I run towards him, he runs towards me. His snarls, his face

is a vision of his heart. His heart wants to -- me, cut me bit by bit, hack me down, I look at his face, and the terrible thoughts in his mind and heart, the Krodh is so strong in him, but my heart wants to embrace him. Pyar is running forward, carrying my body.

We approach and clash, I do not know what is happening my body arms, legs, and Shasters are moving automatically, as instinct. My mind is still floating, so gentle, as a feather floating in the air. My Shaster is moving quick like lightning, but my mind is gentle and sublime. Waheguru, Waheguru is vibrating all around, pounding in my heart, the high pitches of the Gurmanter tingle in my ears. All around I see Amrit, my body is running forwards, with my Shaster clearing the way, my body pining for that Amrit, that true blessing of my Guru Ji.

Suddenly everything stops, I look around. My mind awakens everything is clear. I hear bole so nihal sat siri akal everywhere. The realisation is too much, I fall on my knees, tears rolling out of my eyes. Once again I have missed my chance of gaining that Amrit. I must not have been Dhriir enough. Once again I have not been worthy of that true blessing. Once again I not achieved Shaheedi. The battle has been won. The Guru ji`s enemies have defeated. My mind pining, the tears are uncontrollable, when will I become worthy. When will I be able to call myself a Sikh of my Guru Ji, one of his True Shaheeds.