Yaatra To Sri Nanakana Sahib (Pakistan)

VaheGuru Jee Kaa Khalsa

VaheGuru Jee Kee Fatheh!

I recently heard that a group/Jatha in the UK are arranging a Yaatra to Sri Nanakana Sahib in Pakistan around November time for Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Sahib Jee's Avtaar Purab ... I think it was announced on one of the Sikh Channels a month ago ...

I was wondering whether any of the Saadh Sangath have had the chance to visit this Pavithar Asthaan and/or travelled with a group/Jatha ... Would it be advisable? What were your experiences of travelling to Pakistan ...

I remember that Late Gagandip Bhaajee made a documentary of his visit but unfortunately I didn't get a chance to catch the programme, though I would be appreciative if any Sangath have any further information about this and the Jatha that's going then do post/pm details please ...

Dhanvaad Jee

My father did and he says it is one of the best experiences of his life. The people of Pakistan, especially the Punjabi folk are very friendly and found it amazing that a Sikh from the UK had come to Pakistan.They usually have large numbers coming over from East Punjab. He found accommodation easy, food is plentiful and the Gudwaras are kept very well. He told me he would go into market places and people would refuse to accept money for fruit he had just brought and insisted he was their honoured guest. He said it was very easy to fit in and move around.

If you are going you have to make a visit to Panja sahib as well. It is absolutely beautiful. My father also said he was pleasantly surprised to see many Sikhs living in Pakistan and their numbers growing.

On the negative side there is a Taliban insurgency being waged there and they are known to attack Pakistani cities. The thing is most of it is confined to Frontier region or what is now known as Pukhtnkwa. You should be fine.