Anxiety/Shyness

Guest K SINGH

Guest K SINGH

I have a longterm shyness problem that I am desperate to be rid of. I dont know why I am this way, I have had no bad experience which has triggered shyness, its just the way I have been for at least 10-15 years. I always seem to be on edge and jumpy/fearful.I am a clean shaven male and 32 years old, I occasionaly drink. I think sometimes because Iam anxious I feel I need the alcohol to calm me. Generally I have cut down alot; on average I drink couple times a month. I would rather turn to gurbani to rid me of this and not other ways; I tried herbal supplements and hypnosis. I went to my doctor a few years ago for checkup and was told I appear to be healthy. Sometimes I even get anxious with people I have known for a long time.Physical symptoms make it worse such as blushing and sweating as I then worry people will see me. I listen to Kirtan and simran when Iam in my car and at work on my mp3 player, and try to sit and do some simran daily for around 10-15 mins but have yet to see a difference. I understand it will take time to rid myself of this but would appreciate some advice on what banis and mantras are best for fear and shyness? From today Iam going to try to listen to sukhmani sahib daily also as I have heard this is good for inducing calm. Also what about mool mantar and chanting waheguru, would that be better? I have also heard that Jaap sahib is good for fearlessness and courage, some people online talk about mantras from Jaap sahib; the last 4 lines and also 'Gobinday mukanday udaray aparay hariang kariang nirnamay akamay'. I would rather focus on 2-3 mantras/banis to cure this so I can be consistent as apposed to trying many and then not continue with it. Please advise the best ways and duration. Thanks.