Confused With Prayer

Guest Developing_Faith

Guest Developing_Faith

Recently I have ntoiced that when I pray for something the opposite has happened, for example..I prayed for the health and well being of everyone and then my aunt suffered a minor stroke and another family memeber started to suffer some health problems.

Then I prayed for the health and wellbeing and sucess for someone, and now they have been injured and is recovering.

Why has this happened? I have faith in Waheguru and when I prayed for this I meant it and do not wish bad on anyone only good, but it seems that when I ask for the good of people the bad happens?

Any insight into why this has happened and what I might have been doing wrong?

Any advice/guidance is highly appericated.

everyone has karma that they must pay off. so it's not god that harms someone, it's their own deeds from earlier in this life or from past lives. doing simran, seva, and satsangat, can reduce the harm from these karams by getting rid of them completely, or by reducing the harmful effect if they must manifest in our lives. for example, a car accident that would have paralysed someone, may end up only breaking their leg.

also, sometimes seemingly bad things happen and we wake up and make positive changes in our lives only b/c of those.

Guest tradsyn
Don't ask for anything in your prayers. Instead just thank Guru Ji for what you have.

That is beautiful, gurbani says pain is the remedy, who is anyone to dispute that.

All those who disagree should leave this forum now. Of course bhagti is the way to understand this gyan.

Guest Developing_Faith

Many thanks for your replies.

That is very true, we shouldn't really ask, just thank.

I was just praying to keep everyone as they are, but thinking about it if everything is ok then why and no need to pray for it.

I feel bad as I feel it is my fault these people have been injured and got ill, when all I was asking for is the for the best for them!

Guest Guest

Aww. Don't beat your self up about it.

We are learning as we go a long. Everybody makes mistakes.

See pleasure and pain a like, there all Guru Jees gifts. Just have faith in Guru Jee that they will recover.

When you see sine of your famil members who are still recovering, sit down with them an recite a bit of paat for them to listen to.

They will benefit from this and so will you.