Dire Dillema--Cousin Is On Verge Of Breaking Amrit

Guest help

to give background info.... before i took amrit me and my cousin would indulge ourselves in bad practices like alcohol and esp smoking weed... i took amrit couple months back and me taking amrit basically inspired my cousin because i told him a lot about spirtuality and the truths of how good it is.....

to say the truth ( and i sadly say this with regret) i was the one in the begining who got my cousin on to alcohol and on weed, even though i started college and didn't find time to do it as frequently as he does, (hes a grade younger in high school) he used to do it literally everyday and sadly the sensation is in his genes now.

after taking amrit and staying away from weed, 2 to 3 weeks later he would talk to me saying sometimes i feel like getting high and i feel like going out and smoking and its hard to stop myself, i could tell he was really stressed, i told him how if he smoked he would break his amrit and how God would want a answer etc recently he hasn't talked about it, and is quite on the matter, i feel he's either already broken it behind my back, or hes stopped the urge... being on weed for years myself i know the urge and how it can over take a person im scared that hes either broken it or might break it in the future

could someone give me advice on how dire this would be so i can tell him he sometimes brings up how nihangs do weed and a nihang told him that if he goes to hazoor sahib every nihang is on it as well as other boys and how their 'chardi kala' gur sikhs who go to gym but are high 24/7 and theres nothing wrong with it... i tell him its maybe alright in times of war but i don't know how much of an effect its going to have....can someone give me advice on how to deal with him

also i think sometimes someone we know who knows he has amrit and knows he used to do such acts is either doing jadu on him (this person is known to do such things) and or is wanting him to break it

1. First of all, explain to him that a Sikh of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj does not need and is not permitted to consumer any intoxicant apart from Naam. If he wants to get high, he should get high with rass of Naam and not drugs, thats where true bliss lies.

2. He may be able to hide his actions from the whole world, but Guru Sahib is Antarjaami (all-knowing) and he cannot hide anything from Guru Sahib.

3. Khalsa is one who is in a constant state of battle. One may face hundreds of thousands of temptations but each temptation to violate Rehat is like a dusht attacking the Sikh. Khalsa should strive to be victorious over these temptations and stay firm in his (or her) Rehat. Thousands of Singhs and Singhni's gave their lives to keep their Rehat and Sikhi intact, and he's considering giving up his Sikhi because he is tempted to smoke Marijuana?

4. Violating rehat is like handing over a badawa (letter of resignation) to Guru Sahib stating that you are no longer a Sikh of the Guru. If he smokes weed, he is forsaking his pyarey Guru Sahib.

5. He must read more Gurbani. Nitnem is a must and a few Sukhmani Sahibs and Chaupai Sahibs is very important. Also, listen to more katha and Kirtan. If he listens to contemprary music which may glamorise smoking cannabis, he must stop and replace this music with Gurbani Kirtan.

6. He must keep Sangat of Gursikhs who do not promote Cannabis. Everyone knows the effect Sangat can have on an individual. If possible, tell him to engage in more Seva.

7. Ardas. You and your cousin should do ardas to Guru Maharaj and ask Guru ji to save his Sikh. Guru Sahib always looks after his Sikhs, just take a few steps towards your Guru and Guru ji shall take many towards you.

How about we worry less about other peoples paths and more about our own. Explain to him what is right and wrong, gurmat and manmat, and leave him to it. You should be more worried about saving yourself because just not doing kurehats does not guarantee mukti

Gurfateh ji

Bhaaji, I think it woudl be an idea to do ardaas for your cousin..maybe read some baani ie chaupai sahib path for him and his chardi kala and do ardaas that gur ji keeps him on track. And as Gursikhs, we are here to serve wahegurus creation so its our duty to lok out for others, but be sure not to side track in your own path ji

Gurfateh ji