Amritdharee Regrets

Guest gupt guy

Guest kshatri_ka_poot

thank you for all your replies.

I would go pesh but (this may seem negative but just being realistic) if I can't even get through sixth form without acting like this, I know that I'll only end up making the same mistakes over and over again and I'll be in this situation again in a year. I'm gonna try and stay in rehat as much as I can but I think I'll go pesh when I'm confident that I am mentally and physically ready for the responsibility of representing guru maharaj. Saying this though, is it alright if I stop wearing my sri sahib and stuff because I don't want people subconsciously thinking "oh he's amritdharee and he's doing all this etc. so it's fine to be religious sikh and do stuff like this."

I appreciate any and all help :)

you could wear even a mini kirpan, but really you need the vidiya to use it.

hmm people will say stuff about amrit-dhari doing this and that, but how many of these people have concept of kshatri dharam. A lot of people are ignorant and uneducated about sikhi and kshatri dharam anyway!

you could wear even a mini kirpan, but really you need the vidiya to use it.

hmm people will say stuff about amrit-dhari doing this and that, but how many of these people have concept of kshatri dharam. A lot of people are ignorant and uneducated about sikhi and kshatri dharam anyway!

i dont quite understand. what's kshatri dharam?

I suggest you get back on the path and not delay going pesh. LIFE is so so precious; you never know when you will breath your last! If you only understood this you would never think of delaying the path of truth. The chances of getting human life is 1/8.4 million. The chances to follow the truth when getting human life is even lower. I don't want to sound too blunt but you just want to induldge yourself in maya as taking of your kirpan and kakars will just give you the excuse of thinking 'owe well I'm not a 'proper' amritdari now and I can mess about'. I suggest you leave your friends, obviously they are not your friends if they are stopping you from following guru ji's path. If you feel lonely go the gurdwara and sit in the sangat; the sangat will beome your best friend.

I suggest you get back on the path and not delay going pesh. LIFE is so so precious; you never know when you will breath your last! If you only understood this you would never think of delaying the path of truth. The chances of getting human life is 1/8.4 million. The chances to follow the truth when getting human life is even lower. I don't want to sound too blunt but you just want to induldge yourself in maya as taking of your kirpan and kakars will just give you the excuse of thinking 'owe well I'm not a 'proper' amritdari now and I can mess about'. I suggest you leave your friends, obviously they are not your friends if they are stopping you from following guru ji's path. If you feel lonely go the gurdwara and sit in the sangat; the sangat will beome your best friend.

सिमरि सिमरि प्रभु आपना नाठा दुख ठाउ ॥

Simar simar parabẖ āpnā nāṯẖā ḏukẖ ṯẖā▫o.

Remembering, remembering my God in meditation, the house of pain is removed.

<a class="dict" href="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%AC%E0%A8%BF%E0%A8%B8%E0%A9%8D%E0%A8%B0%E0%A8%BE%E0%A8%AE" style="text-decoration: none; color: rgb(128, 0, 0); ">ਬਿਸ੍ਰਾਮ ਪਾਏ ਮਿਲਿ ਸਾਧਸੰਗਿ ਤਾ ਤੇ ਬਹੁੜਿ ਧਾਉ ॥੧॥

बिस्राम पाए मिलि साधसंगि ता ते बहुड़ि न धाउ ॥१॥

Bisrām pā▫e mil sāḏẖsang ṯā ṯe bahuṛ na ḏẖā▫o. ||1||

Joining the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, I have found peace and tranquility; I shall not wander away from there again. ||1||

Sri Guru Granth Sahib Page # :818

Guest kshatri_ka_poot

i dont quite understand. what's kshatri dharam?

kshatri (warrior) dharam is something ALL Singhs of the Khalsa are supposed to follow. It can be found in Chaupai Sahib and Guru Gobind Singh ji's bani is full of kshatri dharam. Please read Guru Gobind Singh's bani to understand and follow kshatri dharam. Also see the how the purataan sampradaiye preserve khalsa kshatri dharam.

Also Khalsa needs to behave like a kshatri as opposed to a Brahmin, as even Guru ji will show you!

Therefore, you should do what I do, and ignore the preaching of Singhs who don't practise kshatri dharam according to dasam pita!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KAURRRRRRRRR

Basically, you say you have tried hard, but its not hard enough. Its not about your outer appearance (looking like an amritdhari) you need to query about (e.g., taking off kirpan etc, so people dont think your amrtidhari and doing bad things), its you inner, or mind even. If you had a stronger mind, you would find 'better' people (for you) to hang with.

Yes I understand that you probably rushed it, and you probably got influenced in the company you kept that time (hmmmmm, issue of company again, what a difference company makes, right?), but if you believe in hukam, it was hukam. You were blessed. Regardless of how much thought one puts in taking amrit or not, you were given the opportunity (by maharaj), and at that time, you just did it, no questions. Some do not get that opportunity. You done it, deal with it!

Maharaj gave you the opportunity to be a warrior, he wanted you a part of his 'gang', you were chosen, and now you are going to deny it because of....of.....actually, of what?? Do you choose to follow the way of a soldier, the path of truth, a side that is with the creator OR the path of destruction (because thats what is happening with the people that go off drinking, sleeping around, etc, they are accumulating a mass load of bad karma, one that your going to have to face eventually, and its ugly), a path far from the truth, become nothing, and against the creator?

The clever thing about maya is, it shows you only the immediate and short term pleasures or benefits, but fails to show you the long term (or death penalty) or even life time crap you are going to get. Maharaj, tells you that the road isnt always perfect in the short term, however the long term effects of the road is everything you desire and could ever wish for. And you know whats a shame, its rare for people to understand this...

Up to you mate. Ultimately, the decision is yours.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gupt-sister

Gupt_guy

what you have posted is what many of us have been through or face. We

are living in laujug (the dark age) and kaljugs duty is to make things

difficult for us all! WE nned to try and rise above the distractions

of kalyug.

Yes, hanging out with the wrong sangat can distract you from your

path, but if those are your friends, and waheguru resides in all....

then why not try and help them better themselves rather than you

weaken and start doing what they do.

Im amritdhari..although i have a long way to be the way i should be,

but you have to keep trying to do the right thing, than just settle

for th easy opion of doing the wrong thing. If in your heart, you know

you want to be amritdhari, and be a true gursikh, then dont go the

opposite way...as tomorrow may never come...as someone has already

mentionnde on this thread...start with japji sahib and build yourself

up gradually.

You said your studying at sixth form...well if you didnt attend sixth

form, you wouldnt be preparing yourself for your exams, and if you

didnt attend your exams, you wouldnt gain any qualifications...same

way, you have already taken the step of amrit towards your guru, now

dont turn back..but try and move forward,

I understand your story about rushing into amrit...i attended a camp

when i was in my young teens, and weeks later tok amrit...none of my

family were into it..i was from the typical boozing and meat eating

family. but the camp was an eye opener...i wnated to change and i took

the step...is not been easy being the only one who went this way..even

family laughed at me as a teenager for being a weirdo as i had taken

amrit.

But 15 years down the line, my entire family bar one person is

amritdhari..and id regret not having taken the step than taking the

step towards guru ji. Its not easy but keep with it. I found myself

when i went to uni, as its a freash start and you can make new friends

who share your veechars on sikhi...there is a bani tuk that if you

take one step towards your guru, he will take thousands of steps

towards you..so try and do ardaas and do seva of the sadhsangat which

will bring you back on the path. Do jore and bhande seva as this helps

wash away our bad karams and help us....dont give up and have faith in

yourslef and your guru. I thinks its most definitely wise to speak to

panj piare about your concerns too as they will help you

Guest Singhni

Once you give your head to guruji, dunt TURN back! You will regret more and more and more and MORE AND MORE! you are lucky that you have amrit some ppl die for amrit! How would you face dharam raj if you will completely stop being a gursikh. Veerji think Will our Pitaji be happy? Don't forgot Bhai Taru Singhji who didnt forget waheguru swas swas. Pls listen to your sister, and think HUNDRED MILLION TIMES, cos I dunt want my sikh brother to regret. Veerji i am sure everyone had their up and downs in Sikhi, if we all start saying i am going to stop being a gursikh, then what will happen to our sikhi dharam. Jaap naam. I am not perfect, waheguru.

May Waheguru bless you.