Advice From The Panj Pyare?

Guest Singhni

Guest Singhni

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

I've had a persisting problem for over half a year that hasn't got any better; it's not solely a Sikhi problem, it's a family problem, and my Sikhi comes into it. The point is, no friends, family, or others can help me or offer me advice... nobody has been able to offer anything constructive. Somebody told me that I should go to the Panj and ask them for advice... I didn't know that I could do that.

I went to the closest Amrit Sanchar with high hopes that I'd be able to speak to them about this. But it didn't happen... I went in for pesh but as soon as I stepped through the door, one of the Panj came up to me and asked me what was wrong, hurrying me up and seeing if what I'd done required me to take Amrit again. I said that, firstly, I had eaten a product containing something unsuitable (which I had, but mainly I had my heart set on speaking to the Panj). He interrupted me saying that it's not a kurrhet, continued to interrupt me when I said "But..." and then hurried me along. I felt a bit embarrassed.

Later, the pehradar saw me looking miserable eating my langar and asked if if everything had been sorted out. I replied that I didn't really feel satisfied and that I still wanted to talk to the Panj, but didn't know how. He said that if the Panj had come to a certain conclusion then I have to accept it and then he walked away.

Would the Panj Pyare ever stand and listen to me talk and explain my whole situation, would they even care? My last option is to go to an AKJ Amrit Sanchar (I say this because I took Amrit from them, and I have a feeling they'd be a bit stricter and more willing to listen to me) and ask them for help. But how can I possibly go into an Amrit Sanchar looking for advice when people only go for Amrit and pesh. ???? I'm really losing hope.

Singhni Ji,

Of course you can speak to the Panj Pyareh for advice. Go to the next Amrit Sanchar, and speak to them about what it is that's bothering you. I'm quite surprised that they rushed you so much when you went- but I would say go to the next AKJ Amrit Sanchar, and pesh there. Who cares if they are "stricter"?! I think thats a good thing, not a bad thing! I'm sure they wont rush you- Panj Pyareh are not just there to give amrit, they are also more then willing to answer any of our questions!

Guest do_bhog_of_food!

<mod cut>

Personally, people I talk to from the sampradaiye aren't that concerned about the food you eat, and might even giggle.

But here's a word of advice, if you're not sure, then why not do bhog of your food? Purataan Singhs did the same, they did bhog in wartime for food that may in normal circumstances to not be allowed. We are a logical panth, but if you are amrit dhari singh, then you should be doing bhog of your food! You have a kirpan to do bhog right?

At the end, its your choice though on who you talk to!

Guest Singhni

Singhni Ji,

Of course you can speak to the Panj Pyareh for advice. Go to the next Amrit Sanchar, and speak to them about what it is that's bothering you. I'm quite surprised that they rushed you so much when you went- but I would say go to the next AKJ Amrit Sanchar, and pesh there. Who cares if they are "stricter"?! I think thats a good thing, not a bad thing! I'm sure they wont rush you- Panj Pyareh are not just there to give amrit, they are also more then willing to answer any of our questions!

Thanks! I think it's a good thing that they're stricter too, but it does make me a bit more scared, especially since my Punjabi's not very good! So I just go and say that I want to do pesh, then go in and ask for advice?

I suggest that you write about what is bothering you on here. There are many people on here that are wise enough to give you some good advice.keep trying you never know you might get the right advice. Don't give up!

I would definitely do that, except if I did then a few people would recognise who I am... which is what I don't want. :(

Thanks! I think it's a good thing that they're stricter too, but it does make me a bit more scared, especially since my Punjabi's not very good! So I just go and say that I want to do pesh, then go in and ask for advice?

Singhni Ji,

I know that in AKJ UK Amrit Sanchars you can speak in English if you have problems speaking/ understanding punjabi, and they will speak to you in English too.

Yes, just explain your problem and ask for advice.

Guest guest 1

Just wondering...why not just approach a few Chardi Kala Gursikhs and ask them? (not at an Amrit Sanchar). It could even be the same Punj Piaray or any Gursikhs. Why does it need to be at an Amrit Sanchar? If you do it somewhere else, they can actually spend more time with you and have an open discussion. I think in an Amrit Sanchar, the discussion will be very rushed because there will be people waiting etc.

Or just meet the Punj Piaray after the Amrit Sanchar. Sitting in a room with Gursikhs with open time will be much more effective.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Singhni ji,

I think you should post the same topic on

http://akj.org/forum...0&submit=Search

Or

http://gurmatbibek.c...orum/list.php?3

In addition you can attend a Khalsa or Sikhi Camp where they have an Amrit Sanchaar.

Singhs doing Seva of Punj Piyaras there would be well versed in English and handling such queries.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Guest do_bhog_of_food!

I would definitely do that, except if I did then a few people would recognise who I am... which is what I don't want. :(

hmm my last post was modified so i shall try to write something more agreeable to the mod's views.

Basically, you are not just limited to jathebandis, there are also Guru ji's sampradaiye as well. For the sake of panthic unity, we must include all options.

Some are more strict in one way, while others are more strict in other places. It depends what aspect of rehat that you want to be strict, and then you can choose who to go pesh. You are sikh of Guru, it is your choice in the end!

Firstly try to talk to other gursikhs who could guide you as guest1 said above. But if you do get to see the panj pyarea I suggest you prepare yourself mentally in what they say because you would have to take their advice... as it becomes a hukam from Guru Ji himself. I have friends who have been pesh a lot LOL. But the advice they get from the panj pyarea is similar to what other gursikhs give them and the only difficult thing is for the peshis to get in term with the hukam given. I hope you get what I mean because you said in your OP 'nobody has been able to offer anything constructive'. Well the advice they give you must be carried out even though you may not agree with it. By the way how many people have you asked for advice already?