Please Help, Is This Website Legitimate?

Singh23

http://gurbani101.net/

VJKK VJKF

Sangat Jeo the above website is an awesome resource because it explain the literal meaning of bani in a great way. They split up line in terms of each word and then put the words together so we understand where the meaning comes from.

My problem is though i read the sikh rehit maryada they posted as well which does not include chaupai sahib and anand sahib as a daily bani though they do provide a translation for anand sahib as well.

My benti is that if some gursikh more knowledgeable than me in the meaning of bani could take a look at the steek and tell me if it is correct.

My main concern is that I don't want to learn the bani wrong, and I've started doubting the translation because of the shifty maryada on the website!

Sangat ji please karo kirpa!

I am certainly not a knowledgable or chardikala gursikh in anyway, however as per my understanding (which could easily be wrong), really there is not any test for whether arths are right or wrong other than; they haven't broken any grammer (vykaran) rules in producing a certain arth, i.e. have not discarded the way in which the bani words are written (eg. with or without aunkur etc.), and secondly whether the arths are line with the rest of Gurbani/rehat etc. So its quite difficult for anyone to assess a whole steek.

You asked for other well known sources, personally I would suggest using Prof. Sahib Singh's steek, however this is written purely in Gurmukhi. This is one of the most respected steeks ever written. It pays correct attention to the grammer rules of gurbani to avoid making mistakes in the arths. It is more literal and avoids going into his own imagination away from gurbani.

You can read it online at www.srigranth.org just click on 'read page by page' and then at the top there are various selections to be made, on the one for teeka just select Prof Sahib Singh and his arths will come under each line of gurbani. Prof Sahib also explains the meaning of each word seperately to start with.