Attempt To Usurp Gurdwara In Pakistan

Azaad

An attempt to occupy an 18th-century gurdwara in Pakistan's Punjab province has been foiled, media reports said today. The police stepped in when a group of five women, who claimed themselves as Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) activists, tried to occupy the 18th-century gurdwara in Sori Gali near Ghaa Mandi yesterday.

Their leader and former councillor Romana Safdar Gujari told the police that she had close ties with Nawaz Sharif’s son-in-law. She also claimed that Gurdwara Singh Sabha property had been allotted to her by the Evacuee Trust Property Board (ETPB) on lease.

She claimed she had a letter from ETPB chief Asif Hashmi in this regard. The PML-N, however, said Gujari was not a member of the party’s women’s wing.

The gurdwara houses a civil defence post. The women were later arrested.

Gurdwara Singh Sabha was constructed during the British rule. Iqbal Qasir, Punjabi Khoj Garh director, told Dawn that the gurdwara was built by local Sikhs without any funds from the Akal Takht. After Partition in 1947, the building was allotted to the Civil Defence Department.

“We condemn all such attempts. I again request the Pakistan Government to hand over all gurdwaras to the committee so that we take care of religious sites with honour and dignity,” Robinder Singh, Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee member, was quoted as saying. Pakistan has several gurdwaras, including Nankana Sahib where Sikh religion founder Guru Nanak Dev was born. Minorities form approximately 4 per cent of Pakistan's population of nearly 180 million.

Can we have the source of this information please?

When their masjids are occupied and converted to gurdwara's then they will come to there senses only an ideological war against islamo-fascism can win and put a stop against this mence. However Sikhs have gotten lazy the Sikh lions and lionesses need to awake themselves and see the threats emerging.

This is why i ask the sangat many times what is your contribution towards Sikhism, If you havent converted a muslim to sikhism or a non-sikh shame on you. If you havent created youtube video's and promoted Sikhism to the masses shame on you. If you havent given your time and money to make sure the message of the Guru's is spread then shame on you because you are a leech doing nothing for the faith and community just living on the back of it for free.

I can proudly say i have done all 3...and unless we as a community do not start doing this we will see many incidents like this take place as islamo-facism is on the rise while your sisters and brothers are lost in the dunia of nashay.

Can we have the source of this information please?

When their masjids are occupied and converted to gurdwara's then they will come to there senses only an ideological war against islamo-fascism can win and put a stop against this mence. However Sikhs have gotten lazy the Sikh lions and lionesses need to awake themselves and see the threats emerging.

This is why i ask the sangat many times what is your contribution towards Sikhism, If you havent converted a muslim to sikhism or a non-sikh shame on you. If you havent created youtube video's and promoted Sikhism to the masses shame on you. If you havent given your time and money to make sure the message of the Guru's is spread then shame on you because you are a leech doing nothing for the faith and community just living on the back of it for free.

I can proudly say i have done all 3...and unless we as a community do not start doing this we will see many incidents like this take place as islamo-facism is on the rise while your sisters and brothers are lost in the dunia of nashay.

I was going to say something to your disrespectful post last time on a different thread, but i held off thinking your probably blowing off steam. But this is very disrespectful, telling others they should be ashamed of themselves for not following what you think is right. Converting Muslims.....have you read the Koran? Making videos.....how much gyan do you have?

Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji Maharaj started the Nirmal (Pure) Panth with pyare and he never taught anything else than pyare. We are all full of faults and mistakes. Every time we breath we make a mistake, but how many times do you hear from a Gursikh that you should be ashamed of yourself and then the Gursikh beats his chest for the kirpa Satguru did on them? Did you repeat the whole time Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj when reading my post? Even without seeing your reaction i know you will be full of ego and anger after reading my post and you forgot all about Maharaj.

We can't write post filled with pyare because we are empty from the inside. No understanding of what pyare is and no spiritual wisdom whatsoever. It takes a lot of work to write with pyare or even speak with pyare and takes three times the work to act in pyare. And i'm not talking about the fake pyare where we speak to the person and then slander them in our thoughts or say a slander to another a second later about them. Anyone can put on a fake smile and charm, but ask yourself how many times we all charm ourselves by saying today i did so and so....i'm such a good person and a Sikh....there is no one like me.

A better way of putting it would be to say we all should contribute to helping the Khalsa Panth by giving our time and earnings. If you don't have money then give your time by helping someone else or at the Gurdwara. If you got money, then put that to work and help the Khalsa Panth financially so we can stop the disrespect taking place to our Guru's house.

I can proudly say i have done all 3...

Good Man. You have done a wonderful thing, but as Only 5 has said, dont think that becasue others havent done it then we are in the wrong, we just arent as good as you in doing it.

But try and tone down the "leech" bit, because Guru Ji has given us all different roles to play in the advancement of the panth.

I was going to say something to your disrespectful post last time on a different thread, but i held off thinking your probably blowing off steam. But this is very disrespectful, telling others they should be ashamed of themselves for not following what you think is right. Converting Muslims.....have you read the Koran? Making videos.....how much gyan do you have?

Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji Maharaj started the Nirmal (Pure) Panth with pyare and he never taught anything else than pyare. We are all full of faults and mistakes. Every time we breath we make a mistake, but how many times do you hear from a Gursikh that you should be ashamed of yourself and then the Gursikh beats his chest for the kirpa Satguru did on them? Did you repeat the whole time Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj when reading my post? Even without seeing your reaction i know you will be full of ego and anger after reading my post and you forgot all about Maharaj.

We can't write post filled with pyare because we are empty from the inside. No understanding of what pyare is and no spiritual wisdom whatsoever. It takes a lot of work to write with pyare or even speak with pyare and takes three times the work to act in pyare. And i'm not talking about the fake pyare where we speak to the person and then slander them in our thoughts or say a slander to another a second later about them. Anyone can put on a fake smile and charm, but ask yourself how many times we all charm ourselves by saying today i did so and so....i'm such a good person and a Sikh....there is no one like me.

A better way of putting it would be to say we all should contribute to helping the Khalsa Panth by giving our time and earnings. If you don't have money then give your time by helping someone else or at the Gurdwara. If you got money, then put that to work and help the Khalsa Panth financially so we can stop the disrespect taking place to our Guru's house.

My intentions were not to offend but to make people realise the multiple threats we as a community are facing and how if we do not work together at strategically targeting those who seek to harm us we will be in bad position in a few years time. And yes your right we need spiritual wisdom inside in order to go out and get others to love our love for Sikhi. Vast majority of muslims are highly ignorant of other faiths because they are told explicitly in the Quran the other faiths are all false and do not matter and Allah of the Quran is the only one to be worshipped. This mindset needs to be broken and the only way I found to break this mindset is to expose he flaws in Islam...I have done my bit.....When muslims gloat that islam is perfect ....Quran is perfect and Sikhism is man-made I show them evidences that makes them re-analyse their faith and they dont usually have any comebacks.

The situation i see now looking at geo-politics is there is a storm a storm of fundamentalist islam getting the upper hand.,..the sufi traditions of Islam are being undermined....and these khalifa wanting salafi extremist sunni muslims will set the agenda once they have gain enough numbers and surrounded us. Their mission is quite clear to make everyone conform to their ideology or face death, in kashmir the radicalise process begun ages ago thats why you see Hindu's having been ethnically cleansed and Sikhs harassed day to day and discriminated in terms of jobs,etc. We have seen in Afghanistan were Sikhs numbered 200,000 and were successful businessmen an important part of the Afghanistan economy now they are like beggers who only number 1000 in kabul. We are going towards a downwards trend thanks to the evils of Islam-fascism .... we must all educated each other and community so that we begin the fight back otherwise we will sleep walk into oblivion, into the pages of history.

Good Man. You have done a wonderful thing, but as Only 5 has said, dont think that becasue others havent done it then we are in the wrong, we just arent as good as you in doing it.

But try and tone down the "leech" bit, because Guru Ji has given us all different roles to play in the advancement of the panth.

ok brother point taken. Please accept my apologises if my first post seemed offensive to anyone.