It’S ‘Bibi Day’ At Kapurthala Jail

Azaad

It was a busy day today for staff at the Kapurthala Modern Jail, which saw scores of visitors pouring in from across the state. Each one of them wanted to meet the VVIP inmate, Bibi Jagir Kaur, sentenced to five years of imprisonment yesterday for plotting the forcible abortion and abduction of her daughter Harpreet Kaur.

In an apparent bid to express solidarity with the former Akali minister, hundreds of SAD leaders, SGPC members and Begowal residents made a beeline at the visitors’ room of the jail. They touched Kaur’s feet and sought her blessings. Minister for Jail, Tourism and Culture Sarwan Singh Phillaur also chose this day to make an official trip to the jail.

Kaur was composed as some visitors tried to console her. “Please, don’t worry about me. All of you remain in good spirits and pray for me. The Almighty is with me. Things will be normal again. I am going to file an appeal in the high court on Monday,” she told them.

Later, interacting with the media, Kaur said: “My opponents are using all their might to spoil my career.” “Before anyone could point a finger at me, I resigned from my post. I am still an MLA and will continue to be an SGPC member,” she said. Kaur said she had gone through the newspapers this morning to see reports pertaining to her sentence.

Bibi’s younger daughter Rajneet Kaur and son-in-law Yuvraj Singh were with her.

Another convict in the case, Paramjit Singh Raipur, is also lodged in the same jail.

Traffic chaos was witnessed as members of market committees, block samitis and others thronged the jail. Several vehicles were parked outside and many were allowed in.

God knows why..bet she won't even serve the full 5 years and by the looks of she's already been treated like some celebrity..whereas our singhs and singhnees in jail for no real reason are treated so badly and made to serve "full" sentences. We need our Khalistan. Hope she rots!!