Experimenting With Covering Hair - Nice Article

Experimenting with covering my hair

April 4, 2012 by Siri Nam Simran Kaur

I have been doing Taoist Tai Chi for four years and it is helping me to let go of energy blocks and I am becoming more energy sensitive. When my hair is down my energy is down. When I twist and curl my hair into a bun and pin it with a bobby pin, my energy comes up.

If I want to feel girlish and playful, I put my hair in a pony tail, although it is getting rather long to do so.

Regarding covering my head/hair. To put a 'scarf' on, as I have seen east Indian women do, I have to shift the scarf 'just so.' Some days, it makes me feel grounded and humble. If I have it too close to my throat, I feel as if I am being strangled and my voice taken away. If I have it at a good distance, I feel like I will not mis-speak.

When I played with just a cotton face cloth folded in four on my head, the different colours felt different. The best feeling was a white one that had been laundered but not 'used.'

When I do not have my head covered, sometimes I feel as if my mind is scattered and the scarf brings my mind and energy concentrated and focused back in to my head.

Sometimes I cannot wear a scarf. Sometimes I wear it just hanging down as you would see a Christian Reverend have a special cloth hanging down around his neck and down both sides on his chest. This grounds me. I suspect when doing high spiritual work this helps ministers. I suspect also that if I was to wear the hat of the pope in my current weak state, I would probably end up very sick from the channeling of the energy from the heavens.

I am energy sensitive and I can 'feel' different objects like if I place a hand on my head or place a shoe near my head, I get an emotional reading.

My boyfriend does not like my hair up or covered. Hair is VERY sexual. I went to a dance club that I had been to before (a strip club) but this time I had my scarf on and my hair up. The energy of the bar and the dancer was 'off' to me and the bar did not feel very relaxed. I then took off my scarf and let down my hair, and the energy of the dancer and the bar changed.

I attempted to wear a scarf hijab like an illustration of a Moslem girl I found on the internet, I felt very protected. I would have to do this a few times and try a proper scarf to see how I would feel.

My favourite scarves are of silk as they seem to stay on my head. I have one with butterflies and another one that looks like snake skin.

Maybe one day I will discover a woman wearing a turban that I like the look of, and maybe one day I will have a turban for myself. I would like to experience this psychic shield on my head and also see what happens when the skull bones are compressed. I would like to see what happens to my ability to sense things.

My only concern with a 'heavy' scarf that would be having my ears blocked for sound.

Due to my finances, I frequent soup kitchens, missions, food banks, and places where I can get a free meal. I discovered that my mind has the ability to cop an attitude when needed, and that my eyes automatically scan a room. I never understood what 'street sense' meant. Now I am starting to. Some days I am quite 'off' in my senses and confidence. All in all, when my hair is up, covered or not, I get a different response from people, men and women alike.

I am just beginning to wear my scarf more. Again, it depends on my emotional state. Also I discovered I can sense at times the direction that an emotional disturbance is coming from. I feel it as if it is mine but I know it cannot be. I scan my surroundings, I identify the direction and I turn sideways to it. I suspect a proper head covering would keep me safer from others negative projections.

People can be like black holes and I can feel them sucking energy from people around them, including from me. This is when I have to step back from them.

Sometimes I wish I was covered head to toe with a protective cloth shield. Especially when I am in the public Sauna and the men are... well, unbalanced in their 2nd chakra.

What would be a good grounding meditation or chant? My physical state is not one where I can yet sit cross legged for long or do much for posing.

Is anybody out there having similar experiences with their hair or head coverings or types of fabric?

Siri Nam Simran Kaur

P.S. at night to bed, I started to put my hair in a single braid down my back, like I have seen native Indians do and also like Olivia Walton on the TV show, Little House on the Prairie. She wore her hair up in a bun during the day. And it was tradition to wear bonnets to cover the hair. I have not yet 'sensed' a bonnet. And of course, it would depend on the previous wearer(s) what I would sense.

source:

http://www.sikhnet.com/news/experimenting-covering-my-hair