Every Sikh Should Boycott Movie Son Of Sardar

JSinghnz

SON OF SARDAR HURTS SIKH SENTIMENTS

By approving such movies for screening Govt of India, reminds us time and again that were naïve to save India, first from the MOGULS and then BRITISH.

Govt of India is indifferent to the feelings of Sikhs even after 1984 genocide they keep rubbing salt in our wounds. We may not be around but INDIA and INDIANS will pay a heavy price - That is Natures Law.

Team YSL requests every Sikh to boycott this movie and NOT GO TO SEE IT.

If you are on Facebook, please send this link to all friends

http://www.causes.co...actions/1670907

Suggest to Sikh friends to strengthen our hands by joining www.youngsikhleaders.org

Regards,

YSL TEAM

PETITION: SON OF SARDAR - HURTS SIKH SENTIMENTS

To: Film certification board of India : chairperson.cbfc@nic.in, romum.cbfc@nic.in

Dear concerned authorities

I want to bring to your attention the ominous ramifications of the obnoxious claims made in the upcoming movie- son of sardar starring Ajay Devgun. In the movie's trailer, Ajay devgun exclaims in that the Sikhs taught Indians the popular expletives and nasty swear words they use. Sikh children will grow up either thinking swear words are cool OR they would be teased and mocked at for this and they would be held responsible for these shameful expletives. They would disown such a religion. I would wish such a film industry complete annihilation.

He claims that without the Sikhs no jokes could be made and that there would be no beautiful damsels for the people to enjoy looking at. Already all the movies based on Sikh protagonist like 'boley so nihal', 'Singh is king' portray Sikhs as characterless people endorsing promiscuity. A community that has indispensable contribution to our nation's growth doesn't deserve to be tagged as a vulgar people.

It is unfortunate and unbecoming of a successful artist like Ajay Devgun to make poor claims he cannot defend.

I am pained at the state of film industry which aims to earn at the cost of the peace of my community and nation. I would ensure that if your organization do not fulfill your responsibility of censoring such blatant claims made in such films as we suspect, we will make life tough for most of the culprits if not all. I wish acts like exploding a bomb by some rudimentary elements as happened in case of another movie, boley so nihal in Delhi do not repeat. Not only would my community be tainted as terrorists in such a case, your organization would be rendered rudderless and even complicit in sparking protests- peaceful or otherwise.

Can you please suggest a better way to do this rather than writing "stupid" comments.

Oh no, I'm not saying anything bad about the letter. I think it's excellent, and since "hurting the sentiments" is against the law in India, it works perfectly.

I was speaking in the bigger picture, how in general I feel that the concept of hurting the sentiments is nonsense.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• I agree we're not born with sin like the Christians think. Also I agree we have effects of karma. But Gurbani does state that the body contains both sin and charity (goodness): ਕਾਇਆ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਪਾਪੁ ਪੁੰਨੁ ਦੁਇ ਭਾਈ ॥ Within the body are the two brothers sin and virtue. p126 Actually, we do need to be saved. Gurbani calls this "udhaar" (uplift). Without Satguru, souls are liable to spiritual death: ਜਿਨਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨ ਭੇਟਿਓ ਸੇ ਭਾਗਹੀਣ ਵਸਿ ਕਾਲ ॥ p40 Those who have not met Satguru Purakh are unfortunate and liable to death. So, yeah, we do need to be saved, and Guru ji does the saving. The reason Satguru is the one to save is because God has given Satguru the "key" (kunji): ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਹਥਿ ਕੁੰਜੀ ਹੋਰਤੁ ਦਰੁ ਖੁਲੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰੈ ਭਾਗਿ ਮਿਲਾਵਣਿਆ ॥੭॥ In the True Guru's hand is the key. None else can open the door. By perfect good fortune the Guru is met. p124
    • That's unfortunate to hear. Could you give any more information? Who was this "baba"? He just disappeared with people's money? Obviously, you should donate your money to known institutions or poor people that you can verify the need of through friends and family in Punjab.
    • Sangat ji,  I know a family who went Sevewal to do seva sometimes end of 2019. They returned last year in great dismay and heart broken.  To repent for their mistakes they approached panj pyaare. The Panj gave them their punishment / order to how t make it up which, with Kirpa, they fulfilled.  They were listening to a fake Baba who, in the end, took all the "Donations " and fled sometime over a year ago. For nearly 4 years this family (who are great Gursikhs once u get to know them) wasted time and effort for this fake Baba. NOT ONLY this one fam. But many, many did worldwide and they took their fam to do seva, in village Sevewal, city Jaitho in Punjab. In the end many families lost money in thousands being behind this Baba. The family, on return, had to get in touch with all the participants and told them to stop.  I am stating this here to create awareness and we need to learn from whom we follow and believe. It's no easy but if we follow the 3 S (Sangat, Simran and Seva) we will be shown the light. As I am writing this the family in question have been doing the same since 2008 onwards and they fell for this Baba... it is unbelievable and shocking.  This am writing in a nutshell as am at work on my break so not lengthy but it deserves a great length.  Especially the family in question, who shed light on youngsters about Sikhi 20 plus years!! 
    • Giani Kulwant Singh Jawaddi Kalan uses simple Punjabi.
    • Leaving aside Guru ji, the general question of taking afeem (opium) in limited quantities for war/medical wounds is simply unproblematic. When you go to the hospital, they give you morphine. What do you think morphine is? It's an opiate. Even codeine (cough syrup) is an opiate! Ever had a cough? Granted, it is against Gurmat to take opium or other drugs for the fun of it.

Important Information

Terms of Use