Sikh blacksmith

Is there any sikh blacksmith in Canada or India that would teach someone?

Im a hobby blacksmith in Canada and I can only make european swords.I want to make tega and tulwars.Any ideas?

That's awesome. An honorable art/hobby, something I wish I had the time/energy to do.

My advice would be to go to find a Singh in Punjab who makes top of the line REAL Sarbloh shastar with proper maryada and become an apprentice for a month or so if you're really passionate about it. I know a Nihang Singh who made a few shastar for me during my last trip to Punjab (he's situated in Bathinda). I went to his house both times I went to Punjab. Unfortunately he is having some heart problems now so it is hard for him to make shastar like he used to, but he has A LOT of knowledge and makes real sarbloh steel.

The taksali kirpans from rattowal pind are sarbloh, but they aren't as purified as high quality sarbloh. It's a day and night difference.

My advice is to look around and see the shaster and the craftsmanship and find the person who made it and try to contact them. You can try posting on this website as well:

http://shasterkhajana.com/