Any young brothers/sisters do a GCSE in Science recently?

dalsingh101

Was thinking of retraining to teach Science and Maths (just toying with the idea at the mo), thought I'd get some feedback on any youngers who've recently done Science or Maths at GCSE level to get a heads up of their experience and preferred teaching tactics?

Please share any experiences.

Thanks!

Thanks for sharing young brother.

Can you give some examples of the 'show how to do work' you mentioned?

What stuff are you covering right now? I'm reading up myself - been touching on 'waves' i.e. infrared, soundwaves, radio waves etc. and conduction, convection etc. Fascinating stuff! lol

well showing work is baiscally how to pass an exam tips, how to do well, how to write questions properly. for my ISA i was thrown in the deep end for chemistry and physics, the teachers didnt explain what to do and how to do it, so i only got 18/20 on both. in biology i got full marks as the teacher gave hints on how to answer questions and explained what type of questions can come up. most of topics are interesting, really enjoy it. i prefer astrophysics and atoms :D hopefully i can do something like this when im older, or go into medicine :D.

AND organising trips to places like CERN and the space centre are really cool, i went to CERN and it fuelled my passion for physics.

Good to hear!! Don't forget to balance academic stuff with physical activity as well though!! Aim to have the brain of a geek and a body of an athlete.

I'm getting into electrons, neutrons, ions etc myself. lol! Sad or what!

What I gather from your post is that you're saying you prefer an exam focused strategy (which is natural), which also covers writing answers. So covering a topic and then getting hit by example exam type questions??

Do you prefer focusing rigidly to the curriculum or do you like to also explore matters that are just outside of what you need to pass your exam?

exam style questions are helpful, as you have to pass the exam. if you don't know how to write in exams, whats the point having all the knowledge? its nice to know a bit more sometimes, but sticking to the curriculum does help as you have so many other things to remember. i do lots of physical activity, running is one of my faivourite things to do. i play football, rugby, and go for a swim now and then. i used to do karate as well. atoms and the peices in side are amazing. to think those tiny things make huge things and cause things like stars, life and the amazing night sky. the creation of waheguru is truely amazing.

Was reading about red shift.

Have you seen that amazing picture of all the different galaxies? Mind blowing.

I know they are moving away - but not that fast! Not the nearer ones anyway!

Andromeda might crash with us but that is so far off that it is barely off the register. Humans have a better chance of wiping themselves off the planet before any galaxy crash.

When you do the exam, you have your grade yet?