A matter of rehat

Bundha

These words are always thrown around by those who want others to let go of Rehat and follower their manmat.

Why don't you love of (fill in the blank)

Don't you feel compassion for (fill in the blank)

These are all manipulation techniques and sadly they are being used on this thread to manipulate you into letting to of Rehat.

Most Sikhs think..............Satguru told me to be compassionate, so going against Rehat won`t be wrong.......I will be helping someone out and making them happy, think high of Sikhs, etc. Such thinking is manmat. Ever ask yourself how Satguru defines compassion and love. Our history speaks for itself when it comes to compassion, but lets look at Gurbani and see how Satguru defines compassion:

swlwih swcy mMin siqguru puMn dwn dieAw mqy ]

saalaahi saachae ma(n)n sathigur pu(n)n dhaan dhaeiaa mathae ||

Worship the True Lord, and believe in the True Guru; this brings the merit of making donations to charity, kindness and compassion. ang 688

When a Sikh goes against Rehat to show so called compassion does that pass the test of the above tuk? You must be having nightmares to think it does. Satguru says first believe in the True Guru. This doesn't mean just to utter i believe in the True Guru, but means to follow the instructions of the True Guru in your actions. Once you have done this, then you are committing an act of compassion.

And for those who think.............i know what compassion is, I don't need it defined to me....its common sense: Take this tuk in like you eat ice cream:

squ sMqoKu dieAw Drmu suic sMqn qy iehu mMqu leI ]

sath sa(n)thokh dhaeiaa dhharam such sa(n)than thae eihu ma(n)th lee ||

Truth, contentment, compassion, Dharmic faith and purity - I have received these from the Teachings of the Saints. ang 822

Satguru is telling us in the above compassion is only understood after following the instructions of Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj and this means not to discriminate against Guru and not follow Rehat of Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj.

If you think that compassion can be achieved through your own means, then why have you become a Sikh of Satguru?

So next time some tells you that religion is made from compassion, tell them the above tuks and you won't be caught going against rehat and bowing your mind before a person who didn't understand what Satguru was telling them. :cool2:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• I agree we're not born with sin like the Christians think. Also I agree we have effects of karma. But Gurbani does state that the body contains both sin and charity (goodness): ਕਾਇਆ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਪਾਪੁ ਪੁੰਨੁ ਦੁਇ ਭਾਈ ॥ Within the body are the two brothers sin and virtue. p126 Actually, we do need to be saved. Gurbani calls this "udhaar" (uplift). Without Satguru, souls are liable to spiritual death: ਜਿਨਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨ ਭੇਟਿਓ ਸੇ ਭਾਗਹੀਣ ਵਸਿ ਕਾਲ ॥ p40 Those who have not met Satguru Purakh are unfortunate and liable to death. So, yeah, we do need to be saved, and Guru ji does the saving. The reason Satguru is the one to save is because God has given Satguru the "key" (kunji): ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਹਥਿ ਕੁੰਜੀ ਹੋਰਤੁ ਦਰੁ ਖੁਲੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰੈ ਭਾਗਿ ਮਿਲਾਵਣਿਆ ॥੭॥ In the True Guru's hand is the key. None else can open the door. By perfect good fortune the Guru is met. p124
    • That's unfortunate to hear. Could you give any more information? Who was this "baba"? He just disappeared with people's money? Obviously, you should donate your money to known institutions or poor people that you can verify the need of through friends and family in Punjab.
    • Sangat ji,  I know a family who went Sevewal to do seva sometimes end of 2019. They returned last year in great dismay and heart broken.  To repent for their mistakes they approached panj pyaare. The Panj gave them their punishment / order to how t make it up which, with Kirpa, they fulfilled.  They were listening to a fake Baba who, in the end, took all the "Donations " and fled sometime over a year ago. For nearly 4 years this family (who are great Gursikhs once u get to know them) wasted time and effort for this fake Baba. NOT ONLY this one fam. But many, many did worldwide and they took their fam to do seva, in village Sevewal, city Jaitho in Punjab. In the end many families lost money in thousands being behind this Baba. The family, on return, had to get in touch with all the participants and told them to stop.  I am stating this here to create awareness and we need to learn from whom we follow and believe. It's no easy but if we follow the 3 S (Sangat, Simran and Seva) we will be shown the light. As I am writing this the family in question have been doing the same since 2008 onwards and they fell for this Baba... it is unbelievable and shocking.  This am writing in a nutshell as am at work on my break so not lengthy but it deserves a great length.  Especially the family in question, who shed light on youngsters about Sikhi 20 plus years!! 
    • Giani Kulwant Singh Jawaddi Kalan uses simple Punjabi.
    • Leaving aside Guru ji, the general question of taking afeem (opium) in limited quantities for war/medical wounds is simply unproblematic. When you go to the hospital, they give you morphine. What do you think morphine is? It's an opiate. Even codeine (cough syrup) is an opiate! Ever had a cough? Granted, it is against Gurmat to take opium or other drugs for the fun of it.

Important Information

Terms of Use