Neil deGrasse Tyson: Atheist or Agnostic?

Singh559

The concepts of Sikhi are universal. The practitioners of the faith are, however, from a certain background and location, and call it 'discrimination' or plain prejudice but it does limit the faith to the kind of people Sikhi should appeal to. However that's not our fault, lol.

What does worry me is how there doesn't seem to be big, original thinkers at the top of Sikhi that want to take the faith forward and out of India. Everything seems to be mired in Punjab with its associated politics and cultural outlook. For the future it does seem Sikhi is falling more and more into the 'organised religion' category, hence why many people dismiss it out of hand without really knowing what it's all about. "It's just another 'ism'" is what I've read some people say about Sikhi. That's not good.

• 2 months later...

Needless to mention how we are so homophobic when infact sikhism is the only religion which is silent on gays .

Give it a rest, Sarbjit.

Also, if I remember correctly the Akal Takhat issued an edict a few years back stating homosexuality was not approved by the Sikh faith. Personally I found it to be a bit of a random statement, i.e. what led them to make this announcement, but it was a hukam that was passed so...