LOHRI IN SIKHISM BHAI BRAHMJIT SINGH JI

JSinghnz

Please for Waheguruji's sake dont associate lohri with sikhs n sikhi. The concept of Lohri goes contrary to the teaching of SGGS Ji.You guys already know the story of Prehlad (a Bhagat mentioned in Gurbani). His aunt tried to burn him but he couldn't get burnt because he was the true devotee of God. From there people started celebrating Lohri and that's why people burn woods at night and they pray to fire that Don't harm our sons either like you didn't harm Prehlad. This festival is only for men. When a boy is born people distribute food, clothes etc.. but when a girl is born they do nothing. And think that the fire couldn't burn Prehlad and he was a boy so in order to pray to fire it has to be a boy. Besides a woman is considered inferior. This is all Bipran Ki Reet. Also by litting and sitting around the fire we are conducting "Agan (fire) Pooja". The Sihks' head must only bow before SGGS Ji. It is regrettable that lohri is celebrated in our gurdwaras.Guru Gobind Singh JI "Jab Eh Gaye Bipran Ki Reet, Mein Na Karoon In Ki Parteet"-if the Khalsa starts following Bipran Ki Reet then Guru Ji will not help the Khalsa because a Sikh is not allowed to follow Bipars. Wake up my daughters n stop these gurdwaras from celebrating lohri as it is an insult not only to you but also your mothers, grandmothers and to your future daughters.
SGGS page 667 line 14-" I am blind, totally blind, entangled in corruption and poison. How can I walk on the Guru's Path?If the True Guru, the Giver of peace, shows His kindness, He attaches us to the hem of His robe. O Sikhs of the Guru, O friends, walk on the Guru's Path.Whatever the Guru says, accept that as good; the sermon of the Lord is unique and wonderful."
SGGS page 803 line 18- " bhoolay maarag jineh bataa-i-aa.
He places the one who strays back on the Path; aisaa gur vadbhaagee paa-i-aa. ||1||such a Guru is found by great good fortune.
My daughters and sisters Guru Gobind Singh JI made you princess of the 21st century and not pre 1469 slaves. My sons and brothers lets stop this atrocity which is being inflicted on our daughters, sisters and mothers. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS ARTICLE IS ONLY FOR MY SIKH FELLOWS. IT IS NOT MEANT TO INSULT ANY FAITH.