13Mirch

Right click the file, properties and tell me what format the video file is in so we know what we need to convert it from.

it will be something like these: .mp3 .mkv .mp4 .mov

This is the message I get when I try playing it on Windows media player:

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file."

The whole thing was sent from an imac. Is that the reason why it's not playing?

This is the message I get when I try playing it on Windows media player:

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file."

The whole thing was sent from an imac. Is that the reason why it's not playing?

wherever the file is, desktop, documents right click on the icon and select properties.

it will bring up a new window with a whole bunch of information about the file like the size, location on disk etc.

one heading will say Type of file:. what does it say here?

for example when I click on a media file it says: Type of file: VLC media file (.wma)

if its coming from a mac and not playing on windows media player its probabaly quicktime file.

also what is the name of the file, 344523.mov 34434.mpg or something along those lines?

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Singh23" data-cid="569381" data-time="1359818205"><p> <br />wherever the file is, desktop, documents right click on the icon and select properties.<br /> <br />it will bring up a new window with a whole bunch of information about the file like the size, location on disk etc.<br /> <br />one heading will say Type of file:. what does it say here?<br /> <br />for example when I click on a media file it says: Type of file: VLC media file (.wma)<br /> <br />if its coming from a mac and not playing on windows media player its probabaly quicktime file.<br /> <br />also what is the name of the file, 344523.mov 34434.mpg or something along those lines?</p></blockquote><br />It says type of file: File. I think it must be a quick time one because it refuses to play on VLC. Should I email it to u so u too can check it out?

wherever the file is, desktop, documents right click on the icon and select properties.

it will bring up a new window with a whole bunch of information about the file like the size, location on disk etc.

for example when I click on a media file it says: Type of file: VLC media file (.wma)

if its coming from a mac and not playing on windows media player its probabaly quicktime file.

also what is the name of the file, 344523.mov 34434.mpg or something along those lines?

My answer is above.

It says type of file: File. I think it must be a quick time one because it refuses to play on VLC. Should I email it to u so u too can check it out?

• 3 weeks later...

Veer ji there is a really simple and safe software called format factory you can get it from http://format-factory.en.softonic.com/download?ptn=ff it is really easy to use and converts to lots of different formats. For youtube you probably want to convert it to a MP4 file. After conversion it will be saved to C:\Users\(Your USER NAME)\Documents\FFOutput. Tell me how it goes and send me a link to your video. :) :biggrin2:

Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh