SGPC President

sarblohsingh2004

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh !

Didn't Jagir Kaur kill her own daughter ? Great ... they have got a daughter killer as president ...

http://www.ndtv.com/topstories/showtopstor...sident&id=15323

Bibi Jagir Kaur elected SGPC President

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NDTV Correspondent

Thursday, September 23, 2004 (Amritsar):

Bibi Jagir Kaur was elected President of the Shiromani Gurudwara Prabandhak Committee today.

Her name was proposed by former Punjab chief minister Prakash Singh Badal.

The SGPC controls a budget of more than Rs 200 crore and manages historical shrines and educational institutions of the Sikh community all over the country.

It was a foregone conclusion that the new president will be from the Badal group.

Guest stopsingh2
Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh !

Didn't Jagir Kaur kill her own daughter ? Great ... they have got a daughter killer as president ...

http://www.ndtv.com/topstories/showtopstor...sident&id=15323

Bibi Jagir Kaur elected SGPC President

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NDTV Correspondent

Thursday, September 23, 2004 (Amritsar):

Bibi Jagir Kaur was elected President of the Shiromani Gurudwara Prabandhak Committee today.

Her name was proposed by former Punjab chief minister Prakash Singh Badal.

The SGPC controls a budget of more than Rs 200 crore and manages historical shrines and educational institutions of the Sikh community all over the country.

It was a foregone conclusion that the new president will be from the Badal group.

Yes she is the one who killed her own daughter, was excommunicated from the panth by the then Jathedar of the Akal Takht (Giani Puran Singh) so she sacked him. To top it off she drew funds from the SGPC to fund her families travel to South Africa (10 lakh). She also managed to purchase a posh house in Defence Colony Jullundhar during that time and finally

there were allegations that precious items (treasure) was taken from caskets at the Darbar Sahib complex.

Good to see that Badal is such a good judge of charachter and has the interests of the panth at heart NOT.

What a great advert for the SGPC to have such a person heading it.

Guest stopsingh2
we shouldnt comment about her daughter as we dont know the Sircumstances behind the death.

I agree this is a sad day, another badool pithu joins the ranks.

Its been documented enough and she has been chargesheeted.

Her daughter married some lad who Jagir Kaur did not approve of. Then she got her daughter killed. She was also pregnant at the time she was killed.

Her daughter married some lad who Jagir Kaur did not approve of. Then she got her daughter killed. She was also pregnant at the time she was killed.

and its also been said that the boy wasnt a SIkh and that was the reason.

so if that i true i rather not comment on it.

Guest stopsingh2

and its also been said that the boy wasnt a SIkh and that was the reason.

so if that i true i rather not comment on it.

Does that justify killing your daughter ? :T:

His name was Kamaljit Singh. I heard he was of a different caste. But as SGPC head should Jagiro not have been promoting the teachings of our Guru and thus not getting angry if he daughter married out of caste. :T:

interesting that sgpc prez would be upset and not happy with her daughter marrying someone of a different caste. great way to promote the fundamental values/principles of sikhi rolleyes.gif

i wonder how she knew he was of a different caste....i guess it was written on his forehead rolleyes.gif

my question is:

if she was excommunicated from the panth, when was she accepted back into the panth, and why?

Guest stopsingh2
my question is:

if she was excommunicated from the panth, when was she accepted back into the panth, and why?

She moved quickly to sack the Jathedar who had excommunicated her and then replaced him with the current head who then cancelled the edict.

SGPC IS JUST BAKVAAS!

now, i said it...happy? :lol:

i support the idea of a united Sikh comt. that takes care of Gurdwaras and historical sites etc. and educates people on Sikhi...everything that SGPC should do. but the way it works now is really messed up....i fail to see Sikh spirit left there...it is become too political. i can't believe that this is what is meant by miri-piri....this is not the sort of politics Guru Sahib was supporting.

it is just family business...and helping their own. :( @