Can A Gursikh Please Explain To Me Bhagat Kabirs Shabad

satbachan96

Sorry lucky singh for saying mind is just a barrier af it can ge easily conquered that was not intention...

i skimmed through your post earlier but just been reading it slowly and contemplating on it....im still in the stae of'figuring it out'..what you are saying makes sense..the figuring it out is when i have applied this gian to my current state...just made me realise my mind is really strong and im not the master i am a servent to my mind...quote"the mind makes the best servent but is the worst master"....

Thanks for keeping it simpke as even this simplicity is a bit of a strain....can also appreciate how deep this vichar can especially when we look at the definition and roles of the material world such as father, mother, son, milk etc and mixing it with jeev/maya desires etc..wow

ill do khoj of this shabad over the next few days..liten to katha etc...i think the'easy' part will be to understand what bhagat jee is saying but the very 'hard' part will be judge/think/surrender to how our current avastha is according to what maharaj is saying...

Just another question is when maharaj says mann tu jot sroop hai apna mool pachaan....the mool of the mann is maya, when maharaj says jot, is maharaj notreferring to atam....but the creater of mind is maya..can any premi share their gian on this particular pangti...

from my understanding when maharaj say man mool pachann, it is to akhnowledge it as maya, not the master maya but servant maya whic is expressed/served as shakti...maya as a master keeps you rolling in janams as i feel bhagat kabir is saying, but once we get to realise mool this maya becomes the servant shakti, theres no difference in akaal and his shakti...so now the mind is shakti...

Hey, no need to say 'sorry'.

This is the best way for all of us to learn. This particular shabad took me days to get my head around some months ago and as you made it resurface again yesterday, it still took me a few hours to clarify for myself as well as for everyone on forum.

Like you say, the SOUL is pure. It is God swaroop, there is no doubt about that.

I have come across some people that say the soul is born pure but we pollute it with mind and maya. I don't quite agree with this because the PURE, TRUTH of a SOUL is always UNTOUCHED. It is NEVER born or dies and lives just as the source-MOOL.

It is just our recognition that is fooled. Which is why naam simran can help as a tool to aid in this recognition.

The MIND is also jyot swaroop as mentioned in the other tuk you quoted. But we don't recognize or pachan this !

When people talk about 'pollute'',... then we could say that we pollute the mind in the sense we put a veil over it. However, this is not permanent pollution, because the veil can be removed with effort.

Problem is that we associate the MIND with our brain too much instead of associating it with SOUL.

We think it is the product of Maya because that is what it is lead and ruled by.

Maya has so much power that it defines and shapes our Ego as well. The me,me,me,me,.......I did, I have, I will.....etc.....is ALL EGO.

I'm not going to go off topic with the ''Mann tu Jyot swaroop hai'' shabad because it deserves it's own thread I reckon and I think on here, we should keep it at Kabirji's shabad in the OP.

I can sense that you will contemplate and feel the essence of Bhagat ji's message after spending some time on it because I can feel the HUNGER you have ! :cool2:

Having the 'hunger' and 'thirst' for gurbani and Guruji is by his grace and you will always get the answers for the spiritual stage you are at.