Anyone watch BBC Michael Palin ?

I saw the part when he went to the golden temple, it was interesting.  It looks like a lovely place

This is meant with no offense but simply as a correction, the place is actually called Sri Harmandir Sahib and not the golden temple

oops sorry blush.gifblush.gif my sikh friend always refers to it as the golden temple so i automatically did my mistake rolleyes.gif

Yasmin, go give him a kick up at the a*s and tell him its HARIMANDIR SAHIB! I know wot u mean though - because people are ignorant they dont take time out to educate themselves about these things.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Yeah it was a good programme, afterwards he went to himachal but I switched channels so don't whether he chatted to the Dalai Lama or not.

About the beer drinking, I think Michael Palin although he has a dry sense of humour, he is respectful of people's traditions. I don't think he went to Harmandir Sahib the same day as he had a beer at the Wagha border. He was respectful of our traditions and did not that no drugs, cigarettes or alcohol are allowed in the complex. So I doubt he would have gone there after having a beer. It was good to see that the Singh who was with him and answered his questions was knowledgable and gave good answers. The langar scene was good especially when the Singh pointed out that it is not just the Harmandir sahib where Langar is served but also in all Gurdwaras. Palin seemed quite impressed with that. As well as the fact that the emperor Akbar had to sit in Pangat before we got Darshan of the Guru. All in all it was informative and knowing the many white people who watch his programmes I think it will give people a good impression of what Sikhs are and what we believe.

GurFateh

Bikramjit

A good percentage of people who visit Harmandir Sahib every day take some type of intoxication, be it Cigaretts, Alchole, Tobaco in their daily lives.

ON the other hand if its about whether he went the same day, it is only 30km to the border so you have to look at what time of the day he left and go there to be sure.