Difting

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I am a young Sikh who previously was in a relationship.

I study at uni and broke up with my gf due to family problems and also I was to become amritdhari and was aware that this was not part of gurmat.

However I am slightly worried that I've started thinking about the past, I know im not going back but just thinking about it makes to laugh about a lot of the funny things that had happened. I am very worried in case this genuine thinking diverts back to that urge to re-unite.

Although I use to quite sad about our break up, ive actually come to terms with it. So now for all these memories to come up in my mind has worried me that I might drift back . This has been having a effect on my uni work and its really started to worry me.

I am at the age of marriage but not very excited and egar to get married so this proves to me that im not lonely or in need to search for a companion...

As im amritdhari now I researched into relationships before marriage being sinful so is there any shabads that will help me stay strong ? or any advice.

Guest Gupt Sewa

Vaheguroo Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguroo Ji Ki Fateh,

Singh,

Sorry to hear about the breakup but it's all Maharaj's Hukam and Guru knows best.

Daas's humble advice would be to remind yourself that you have taken a vow, to be AmritDhari, given your head and heart to Guru Ji and thus, there would be no possibility of re-uniting with your ex.

It would have a detrimental effect on your GurSikhi Jeevan, and as you've stated, having a girlfriend is contrary to GurMat.

It's normal to reminise of the good times. But remember its a chapter in your past that has been enjoyed, gone and you've moved on.

Now, recite Chaupai Sahib brother, ask Guru Ji for strength, protection and guidance and stay strong.

Best of luck!

Guest gursikh

It helps if you find really good sangat, especially older gurmukh singhs.

I would suggest talking to someone like bhai jarnail singh, i have done this before and he has really helped me with some different problems. He is totally used to young people phoning him to ask for help. Bhai Jarnail Singh is the former jathedar of AKJ UK. amazing avastha vale gurmukh.

01926 771944 is their number. This number is always put up on the akj website before amrit sanchars so that anyone wanting to take amrit can talk to bhai sahib to have questions and queries answered as well as any discussing any personal issues.

there is also bhai tarunjeet singh who does panj pyare seva, he is born and bred in the uk so can speak to you in english, I've also phoned them about advice before, really helpful gurmukh Bhai Tarunjeet Singh Jee: 07877 888 874

If you dont want to go back, why do u keep thinking about her? In denial maybe? It doesnt sound like youve come to terms with it.

If youve broken up with her because of family problems, then im guessing there isnt much you can do. But if you broke up with her purely because you wanted to take amrit, i think thats way out of order. Its like you dropped her when it no longer suited you. I hope that wasnt the reasoning bro.

Maybe you guys could be friends? That way you could still talk to her...

Guest Guest

yh that's true, why am I thinking ?

no no bro the reasoning was family problems, there was no chance of us getting married.

After this I felt comfort in the guru so I had the desire to be amritdhari.

She probs moved on, and im happy about that because ive moved on with a partner - MY GURU

but you know how it is when you have 1 good thought you have 10 thoughts which will discourage you.

Guest Guest

It helps if you find really good sangat, especially older gurmukh singhs.

I would suggest talking to someone like bhai jarnail singh, i have done this before and he has really helped me with some different problems. He is totally used to young people phoning him to ask for help. Bhai Jarnail Singh is the former jathedar of AKJ UK. amazing avastha vale gurmukh.

01926 771944 is their number. This number is always put up on the akj website before amrit sanchars so that anyone wanting to take amrit can talk to bhai sahib to have questions and queries answered as well as any discussing any personal issues.

there is also bhai tarunjeet singh who does panj pyare seva, he is born and bred in the uk so can speak to you in english, I've also phoned them about advice before, really helpful gurmukh Bhai Tarunjeet Singh Jee: 07877 888 874

Fateh! oh that's fab but i'd feel so nervous to do that but it's something i'd consider after all other means fail :)

Please, if you have any other advice it'll be perfect please?????

yh that's true, why am I thinking ?

no no bro the reasoning was family problems, there was no chance of us getting married.

After this I felt comfort in the guru so I had the desire to be amritdhari.

She probs moved on, and im happy about that because ive moved on with a partner - MY GURU

but you know how it is when you have 1 good thought you have 10 thoughts which will discourage you.

I feel for you...i would hate to be in your situation.

I guess you just have to keep your self occupied...stop yourself from thinking about her. Over time, im sure you'll get over it. But do what comes naturally to you. This is your relationship with your guru. Its personal. Keep it that way :) good luck!