Parents Forcing Me To Quit Martial Arts

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

VJKK VJKF

Sat sangat ji, I am a really bad position and that's why I have made this post so one of you guys could help me with my problem.

I am a martial arti student, I go to this one akhara {cannot reveal the name right now} which teaches me various different martial arts like shastar vidhiya/sikh swordsmanship and takes the best ideas from various different martial arts like kung fu, mma , muay thai for street defense. I go 2-3 times a week (a class is usually an hour and a half long) and I am in high school but homework is not a problem because I can finish at lunch.

I am an amritdhari sikh. This is where my problem comes in. I am not the best at amrit vela, in fact I am really bad because my body requires a lot of sleep (9-10 hrs) so I dont crash midday or when I am training. Since I am really bad at amrit vela I usually do my nitnem when I come back from school because I can barely wake up to get ready on time for school but my parents are telling me I should do my nitnem before school and it's gotten to the point where they are blackmailing me.

They know I love shastar vidhiya so much that if i don't start doing my nitnem before school there going to take me out of my akhara. I really love training and I do it for many good reasons that tie in with sikhi as well. Like one of the 52 hukams of Guru Gobond Singh ji maharaj was to train in this and it really has helped me unserstand more about the sipahi side from sant sipahi which I believe not many sikhs today in Cananda(this where i'm from) are fulfilling.

I tried explaining to my parents about all sorts of thigs that happen like knife attacks, assaults, etc. and that every sikh should have self defense but they don't believe that it will ever happen. So this is my problem Sat Sangat Ji, I am stuck and don't know what I do. If I don't listen to my parents they will cancel my membership and everything I love in life will be gone but if I wake up early it has really bad effects on my body,(can't focus in class because I'm falling asleep, can't train /workout because I have no energy,etc.)

Please leave any suggestions because I am really having problems with this and it is tearing my family apart.

One source of assistance for you may be your martial arts instructor. True teachers of martial arts should be amongst the most spiritually wise. Can you confide in them and get input? They also know your schedule and training options as well

If not a teacher consider seeking out the best humble senior student. I will hazard a guess that person might also offer helpful insight.

Guest Guest

Your parents are probably right, you should be doing your Nitnem in the morning at Amritvela. Naam Bani is the most important thing in Sikhi and without it everything else is useless. If your training is stopping you keeping the most basic Rehat, you have an obligation to Guru Sahib to Guru Sahib to make changes to your life to fix that - and if it means less training, so be it

your parents have no right to force you. People who teach Truth should only teach. God allows us to make choices of how we live our lives, He doesnt judge and loves us unconditionally. If we mess up in thought or deed, we pay our karma.

Explain to ur parentd tgat blackmailing, trying to force people makes them like the moghuls- the Gurus fought for Hindus to be allowed freedom of choice.

Could you possibly give me details of your class as ive been searching for one for a while now like the one u describe?

Also, everyone should learn how to fight. The govt has disarmed us and if they turn on us, which they will with their New World Order Agenda, we will be defenceless like the sheep they hope we are.

Ive also almost been mugged, kidnapped,Ive been followed and I have been beaten up. VEvery sikh should learn how to fight, the Gurus taught this gyan n its up to us to apply it.